Dan // 6

scratch scratch scratch

I open my eyes slowly, squinting against the faint sunlight streaming through the blinds. I quickly sit up as I realise i'm not in my house. Oh, right. I flop back down on the bed, not yet ready to actually commit to being awake, grabbing my phone from the beside table to check the time in the process. 7am, way too early.

scratch scratch scratch

"What the hell is that?", I whisper to myself, glancing over at the closed door, where the sound was coming from. I sit for a few moments, scared of what could possibly be on the other side of that door, and not so keen to find out, if i'm being honest.

Slowly I creep over to the door, trying (and failing) not to make the floorboards creak too much. I turn the handle cautiously, then open the door quickly (for no apparent reason), to find a fluffy, smug looking cat sitting in the doorway. The cat and I stare at each other for a minute, both seemingly unsure of what to do, before it runs past me into Phil's bedroom, and curls up on the bed.

Neko? How did he get here?

I go and sit on the edge of the bed with the cat, and gently stroke his head. He starts to purr as I scratch behind his ears and I instantly felt more at ease and satisfied that he likes me.

"Hey little guy, I'm Dan." I say quietly to him, as I pull my long legs back under the covers. After a while he inches himself closer to my body, trying to absorb as much heat from me as possible. His gentle purring is soothing in the stillness of the morning air, barely above a whisper, but enough to make my eyelids heavy. Slowly, I drift back to sleep, taking in the morning sunlight as my eyes fall shut.

----------
Ok this chapter is a little longer but still not v long. oh well. sorry i didn't post it yesterday btw.

so today i'm going to the opening of this art show/competition thing i'm entered in. i've got 6 entries in (1 painting, 2 pencil sketches, 1 pen drawing and 2 collages) so yeah. wish me luck *crosses fingers* ^-^

ty for 50 reads on this book :)))))))

remember to vote/comment if ur liking it so far, it makes my day and ur comments make me laugh <3

have a snazztacular day

-e. x