Chapter 19

[Morte's POV]

I was called to go to DepthClan before sunhigh. I was slightly confused on what was going to happen, but it must have been some meeting Tinystar wanted to have. She had called for me, Malvago, and Flashstar. She had specific orders that Vendetta was to stay in the camp and watch after SmallClan. For now, I was going to have some fun. I looked around the camp wondering who I could bother.

"If you are going to bother someone, go make friends with the kits. New lives, new warriors for us." Malvago said appearing by my side. I rolled my eyes and turned to her.

"They aren't even a moon old yet! I would just terrify them and they need to be able to scream before I go over there." I told her holding my head up. Instead, I wondered if Maskedstar was busy. I hadn't talked to him for a while and it was always good to have a good influence on the tom.

"You are such a boor. Since you want to be a snooze-fest, go and get Flashstar and come back to me. We are leaving for this emergency meeting early." She said slinking over to the entrance of the camp. I rolled my eyes again and went to find the stuck up ginger tom.

"Hey, Flashstar, we have an emergency meeting in DepthClan. You are coming with us. Vendetta is the one staying." I told him and started to head to the entrance. I heard his paws following. It was almost weird. He was the only one in the clan from the Dark Forest that had paws. The rest of us could just float.

Once I got to the entrance with Flashstar following me, we headed toward the camp of DepthClan. We all stayed in silence. I tried to think of something this meeting could be about? Could it be of the cats rebelling against us? Did Tinystar have a good idea for everything that could shut them down?

I looked around and saw a shine of white. Why did it feel familiar? I thought all my memories had been erased completely, but yet I felt like I could remember that white glow. It wasn't even white when I looked at it more carefully. It was a ginger glow, but it seemed white.

"Come on Shiningdeath, you will be safe with us. We can protect you from the Dark Forest. You don't have to be their slave anymore. Join me and your son. We can change the rest of the Dark Forest." A soft voice said persistently in my mind. It was so familiar, yet I couldn't place it.

"I will, but it's going to be dangerous. Don't worry, we are strong." It seemed like my voice, but not as menacing and I didn't remember saying it. Why was I remembering small things from my past? Why did that shimmer of light make me think of that? Was there something else there? Was that what it was trying to tell me?