Chapter 2

[Tinystar's POV]

I saw out of the corner of my eye my little brother, Maplesnow, staring at me. I could see it was upsetting Darkfeather. I knew my mate hated the goody good tom. I still cared about my brother, but I had to figure out what he was doing.

"Darkfeather, go ahead and get some patrols going to get food. I'm going to talk to my brother. Witheredsoul, go and help Darkfeather." I told the two toms who basically flanked me all the time. It was rather annoying, but I was glad for the extra protection.

Darkfeather bowed his head down to me before hurrying off to go and find some warriors that were away from Maplesnow. Witheredsoul quickly followed the dark brown tom. I never understood why they bowed their heads to me, but I felt like I had more power if they did. I watched as they went away before padding to my brother. He seemed shocked that I was going over to him.

"O-oh... h-hello Tinystar. What are you doing over here?" He stuttered in the beginning but quickly regained his composure.

I knew him better than anyone else. He was scared with all the Dark Forest cats and the Phantoms around. He was also probably scared that I would do something to the clan. I wouldn't for now, but if something happened to my kits I would destroy all of them. Acornkit and Silentkit were precious to me and I was happy that I could have them in my life now. I would do anything for them. They needed the best life that consisted of both light and dark. They would be balanced and know what to do in both situations.

"Hello Maplesnow. I just wanted to check in with my little brother. Is that so bad? I also caught you staring at me and I wanted to know what you were thinking." I said carefully saying each word so I didn't mess up.

The others saw me as a fearless evil leader who didn't make mistakes. I had to keep up the act for a while so they didn't overrule me. Even with some of my Dark Forest warriors, they could overthrow me if they wanted. I wasn't sure why they lost in the first place. They had the hope any everything, but they went down so easily. It didn't add up in my head, but I was going to find it out soon, even if I had to punish my clanmates to find it out.

"Oh, I was just staring off into Starpelt. I didn't mean to be staring at you. I was thinking about what happened at the battle if I'm honest." Maplesnow said softly. He had paused before he even said anything so I knew something was off. He usually spoke his mind and this wasn't him. My little brother had changed to someone who didn't believe in me. If he acted up, he would be the perfect example to everyone that I am a leader to be feared.

---------------

Ooo, so Tiny is kinda a good leader at the moment. Not sure how long that will last but if you have seen the titles for the other books, don't spoil it for the rest of them. I want them to see it happen for themselves.