Chapter 24

[Stagpaw's POV]

I paced around the camp trying to think of all the herbs. I had to think of a creative way to remember all these things and quiz myself. I know! I can just think of the uses and figure out what goes with it! I thought to myself and kept pacing.

The first thing that popped into my head was the herb that cured infected wounds and if used correctly, it could also help a bellyache, but you have to chew it for that. I tried to go through the herbs in my head. There was some herbs that helped with wounds, but only one of them helped with bellyaches too. It was chervil.

The next use for a herb I thought of was the herb that if used as a poultice could also treat infected wounds. I ran through some herbs in my head that were used for herbs. It wasn't marigold, that was if it was a pulp. It would have to be horsetail then.

Another use for herbs popped into my head. There was one other that was good for wounds if it was a poultice. It was rather yellow so I knew it wasn't horsetail. I wouldn't think of the same thing twice. It would have to be goldenrod.

There was another use that came into my head. This was the last one I was going to do like this, then I would try and remember it the other way, and then I would do it by looks alone. The use for the herb was that it could cure fevers, but it was rather difficult to find at times. I knew feverfew was rather easy to find, so it would have to be lavender.

As I started to think about different herbs, the first one I thought of was cobwebs. It could have been the fact that I was staring at a spider making it's web, but I didn't care. The use for cobwebs were that they could be used as a bandage for infected wounds.

The next herb I thought of was a juniper berry. They were a nice little herb that had good intentions. The use for them was that they helped with bellyaches and can also help with breathing. That reminded me that I would need to go and get more of them. They would be on my list to go and get after I finish quizzing myself.

I tried to think of another herb then I finally thought of one. I had to think of the use of burdock root. I wasn't the best with it, even if I had to use it a lot. I just didn't have to best memory at times. I was almost positive that it was a dry plant, but there was something inside me that said it wasn't. I tried thinking more and finally got it. It would cure wounds if it was chewed up in a pulp.

I took a deep breath and looked around. It was only a matter of time before the medicine cats came over to see if I could become a medicine cat.