Mum, dad meet Ruby

"We've been dating for over a month and you're family still don't know your gay?" Ruby sighs.
"Yeah I guess you could say that.." I reply.
"Well this is a pickle!" She exclaims.
"Did you just call this situation a pickle!" I laugh.
"I did!" She giggles pulling me onto her lap at the kitchen table. She squeezes me into her so I'm as close to her as possible, dancing small kisses along my collar bone.
"They're your family, if they love you they'll except you for you." She smiled into my neck.
"You're right I guess." I whispered into her cheek after kissing her.
"I'm always right!" She laughed her Australian accent clear.

I had told my parents that I'd been dating someone for a little while and I'd like them to meet. So my parents decided to have us over for dinner, the only problem is I didn't explain to them that my date was a girl. Ruby wasn't fazed of corse, she was confident she'd be liked but I was terrified.

The time of the dinner came around and I was making sure I was looking my best, a red cocktail dress with matching heels did me fine. Where as ruby decided on black skinny jeans and a black tailored jacket, she looked handsome with her fringe swept to the side slightly.
"Ready love?" She smiled.
"As I'll ever be." I shook.
I spent the drive there fiddling with my thumbs hoping tonight wouldn't be a complete catastrophe.

I hesitated before knocking on the front door, my heart felt like it stopped beating as the door opens and my mum ushered us in before even greeting us.
"Hey mum." I stammered kissing her cheek.
"Hello hunny!" She beamed. She glanced at Ruby but I couldn't decipher her facial expression.
"Hi (your mums name), I'm Ruby." My girlfriend smiles confidently holding her hand out.
"It's nice to meet you!" My mum chirped ignoring Ruby's hand and pulling her in for a hug, not even addressing the fact that Ruby is a she.
"Hunny! (Your name) is here!" My mum shouted up to my dad. Now my fear was back he was scarier then my mum for this sort of stuff.
"Hi dad." I smiled.
"Hello my little Cherub." He said pulling me into a hug, he then turned around to look at Ruby.
"Hello sir, I'm Ruby." She said politely with her hand out again. This time my dad shook it.
"Would you like me to take your jacket?" He smiled.
"Thank you, sir." She replied removing her jacket.
"Call me (Your dads name)."

During dinner we all sat and had conversations about any thing and everything. The topic of me and Ruby being the same gender didn't even come up, but they did ask where we met. My mum said she loved Ruby's accents and my dad decided he was intrigued by her tattoos as he himself was covered.