request 2 - secrets

Sorry, bout the wait I'm on holiday without WiFi so yeah.. also I hope this is okay.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I had been in a relationship with Ruby for almost two years now and it was going great, until recently. She seemed to be distancing herself from me and keeping something from me and it was starting to bug me out.

I decided to call my best friend to confide my feelings. She agreed to meet me at costa for a hot chocolate so we could talk which I was thankful for. when I got there she was already sat down with two hot chocolates and two muffins.

"Thanks hun, you didn't have to buy mine though. " I smiled pulling her into a hug.

"Well I did, so whats up?" She asked sipping on her cup.

"This may sound crazy, but I think Ruby is keeping something from me." I frowned.

"Like what my friend asked." shuffling uncomftably in her seat.

"I mean maybe she is cheating on me.." I began.

"Don't be stupid!" she answered before I had even finished explaining. "Ruby loves you a lot, pretty sure paparazzi would let you know if she was!" She laughed.
I shrugged my shoulders lifting the muffin to my lips.

That night I decided to confront her, I made my way home from work with determination.
As I unlocked the door Ruby was stood waiting for me, at first I was scared that she was going to say it was over. Then of course I got mad at thought of her cheating.
"Ru.." I began, but she put her finger to my lips.
"Listen babe, just follow me." She smiled.
I was confused but went with her holding my hand and leading me out to our garden. She put her hands over my eyes and placed me in the middle of the garden.
"Keep your eyes closed and don't move" She whispered in my ear.

I stood confused for a few moments.
"Okay open your eyes.." Ruby confirmed.
I opened my eyes and was shocked to see family and friends stood all around the garden with a bbq and food with decorations littering the garden.
Then I looked down, Ruby was on one knee with a ring in her hand.
My hands shot to my mouth.
"Y/f/n y/l/n, will you marry me?" Ruby smiled.
"Of course I will!" Squealed, pulling Ruby in to a hug after she had put the ring on my finger.
Camera flashes went of and people were cheering.

"You know... I feel kind of stupid." I said sheepishly. "I was about to ask you if you was cheating on me..."
"Oh, yeah I probably was trying too hard to keep this a secret." Ruby laughed.
"I love you!" I beamed kissing my new fiancé.
"I love you too." She smiled into the kiss.