i hadn't decided to wait

07: what if i hadn't decided to wait

“I like someone, too.” I stop in my tracks, turning to look at you after you spoke, and you stare back at me expectantly.

“Oh,” is all I can say. You called me over earlier since you wanted to have a stroll and exercise your ankle, which is almost healed.

“Aren't you curious about him?” You ask me, holding your hands behind your back as we continue walking.

“Not really,” I respond untruthfully. “But you can ramble about him if you want.”

I expect you to roll your eyes, but I receive a soft laugh instead. “I really like him, even if he gets on my nerves sometimes...” You trail off, lifting a hand to brush some hair off your eyes.

A part of me hopes that it is me you're talking about, but I don't get on your nerves. I don't know anyone who does.

I don't want you to continue, but I don't say it aloud. I notice the look of fondness you have when you mentioned him, and I don't want to not see that gentle expression again.

“I think he and I are really close,” You laugh again, kicking a pile of snow. “But even so, he likes someone else...”

You pat some snow off your head, and I roll my eyes. I pull out a beanie that I don't plan on using and throw it at your head. You instinctively catch it before it falls, stopping in the process, and look at me in surprise.

I continue to walk, acting as if it means so little when it's actually the opposite. I hear you hum and you catch up with me quickly, the black beanie present on your head.

“Do you not use this?” You question curiously, and I shake my head. You don't ask again, either satisfied with my answer or knowing that I won't elaborate any further.

“I bet that someone you like doesn't do that,” I grumble, but it seems you've heard it.

“Yeah,” You smile, tugging your scarf upwards so it covered a part of your face. I hear you mumble*, words muffled by the cloth, but I don't ask. It'll probably be something stupid, anyway.

We continue to walk in silence, and I secretly observe your expression. The smile is still present on your lips, your eyes slightly lidded yet I know they're focused on the road ahead.

It's so unlike me to think that a part of me will always be waiting for you, even if you're waiting for someone else.

I guess this is what ‘love’ does to you, after all.

▬▬▬

I am so sorry for not updating for so long :')

I don't really have an excuse, and I don't want to make one up. All I have to say is that I lost my inspiration, but that doesn't mean I won't continue this book.

Updates will be slower, and also I have this book on my other account to update. So please be patient with me, and I want to thank all of those who have commented, voted and of course read this book until now.

Oh, also, for those who are questioning why Tsukishima is so out of character (his name autocorrected to Talia Jim wth), it's because I have this headcanon that he'll be like that when he has a crush. I am so sorry for that, by the way.

And the fact that Yams isn't in every one of the chapters.

Thank you :)

edit: i forgot to put this lol. the thing you mumbled is “he just did” :)