Chapter four ~ Levi

Levi showed up late once more for school. Mikasa didn't wake him up like she usually does. Or maybe she did, but Levi was too distracted to notice. He thought of the boy, Eren, a lot. Why is this boy so interesting?

~~

Levi's first classes seemed to pass by quickly. Probably because he was asleep most of the time.

Then came third period. This was his first day in his new language class. He didn't really know where to sit because he didn't know anyone in that class.

Then he sees him. Eren. Levi just stares at the boy and to his surprise, Eren looked at him. When Eren smiled and waved, Levi forgot about everything. He waved back, avoiding direct eye contact. Eren seemed to smile wider.

Levi walked over to the taller kid. They made small talk. Levi was about to say somethjng to Eren, but he was interrupted by the teacher.

Levi sighed and walked two seats behind Eren's seat. He sat down and started messing around with his pencil. He looks at Eren every so often, but when Eren looked back, Levi looked away.

~

Later, Levi is walking through the courtyard when he sees Eren sitting under a tree alone. What is he doing? He walks over to Eren. He seems lost in thought.

"Oi, Brat!" Levi spits out, seeming more harsh than intended and earning a jump from Eren.

Hes just eating lunch. How boring. "Hm. Boring." Levi starts to walk away, but he feels a tug on his wrist. He looks back to see Eren looking at the ground, red-faced and nervously holding Levi's wrist.

When Eren asks Levi to sit and eat lunch, Levi doesnt know what to say. He wants to say yes immediately, but he doesnt want to seem too eager. He thinks about what he should do and eventually ends up sighing and sitting next to the brat.

Neither one of them say a word. Eren seems to enjoy the silence, and honestly, Levi does too. Hes never had anyone who was comfortable with sitting around him.

Is this what a friend is like?

~

After the day ended, Levi walks home in silence. He doesnt text Mikasa like usual. He doesnt have any contact with any living thing. Until . . .

A grey and white cat rubbed against Levi's leg. Levi looked at the cat. What did it want?

He picks up the cat and craddles it in his arms. It lets out a purr and he nuzzles its face with his. He brings it home and up to his room.

"Lancelot." Levi says to none other than . . . The cat.

Lancelot gives Levi a look, but snuggles into his lap as if to say "good choice, you can trust me".

Levi falls asleep with the cat on his chest. Its comfortable this way. Levi actually gets good sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry its late. And short. I'll try to make the next one longer. And there may be some fluff. But idk.

~Oli-Chan