Chapter 6:

Tasha: The next morning, I awoke to silence. I got dressed, pulling my hair into a ponytail. Then I went downstairs. “You know, it’d be really helpful if you would rewire my lock correctly,” Tony said, eating a bowl of cereal, "Specifically since it won't let me in."

“Oh,” I said, “Sorry.”

“Pepper’s at work,” Tony said, as if I cared.

“Don’t you ever have anywhere to be?” I asked, hearing the rudeness in my voice.

“What, my presence alone not being good enough?” Tony asked.

I sighed, “Just wondering. You seem to be quite a busy man according to the cameras.” Of course, cameras were the only way I knew him.

“Ah yes,” Tony said, “Cameras. Speaking of that, I was wondering, there’s this Stark party sort of thing tonight. I was wondering if you wanted to come. Sort of show you a little of the Stark life.”

I grabbed a box of cereal from a cupboard, which I attempted to take note of where it was, and a bowl. “Hmm,” I said, “I guess I don’t know. Can I see tonight?”

“Yeah, yeah, uh, sure,” Tony said,as if he hadnt thought I might say no. I found milk in the refrigerator. “So we should probably get you set up for the house, shouldn’t we?” Tony asked, changing the subject.

“That might help,” I said. We ate in near silence, pretty much just making small talk. Finally I finished and we headed down to the workshop.

“JARVIS,” Tony said, “Come meet the newest member of our house hold.” He clapped his hands and I saw the room come to life in blue. Except there were pictures in the middle of the room. Tony ran over to the pictures and brought his hands together, so the pictures disappeared. He threw the ball of pictures over his shoulder.

“The girl, sir?” a male voice said. It was like AVIS I realized. AVIS would need a serious upgrade. My gears were already turning.

“Yep,” I said, making a slightly cocky face as I started to compare the systems behind AVIS and JARVIS.

“Is this the Natasha I’ve heard about?” JARVIS asked.

“Ooh, he’s talked about me?” I said, looking at Tony.

“Very little,” JARVIS said.

“Oh,” I said, “Call me Tasha, JARVIS.”

“Tasha?” Tony asked, smiling.

“You don’t think Natasha is a little long?” I asked.

“Just didn’t know you had a nickname,” Tony said.

“She was here for an hour yesterday, sir,” JARVIS pointed out. I smiled.

“Don’t get cocky with me JARVIS,” Tony said.

“I’m just here to point out the facts sir,” JARVIS said.

“Let’s run finger prints JARVIS,” Tony said. He brought a tablet computer over to me putting my hand on top.

“Finger printing,” I said, “More like jail than I thought.”

“You must be Tony’s daughter,” JARVIS said.

“How can you tell?” I asked.

“I just ran your finger prints,” JARVIS said. I rolled my eyes.  “You seem like you two would get along,” JARVIS added.

“Is that good or bad?” I asked.

“Depends who you ask,” JARVIS said. I laughed.

“JARVIS, I could sell you to a community college dropout,” Tony said.

“I like him,” I said, mainly to bug Tony.

“Thank you, miss,” JARVIS said. I smiled.

“Alright JARVIS, we’ve got her in here?” Tony asked.

“Yes, sir,” JARVIS said.

“Alright,” Tony said, “You’re set up. Provided you can rewire my lock again.”

“No problem,” I said, smirking.