Chapter 10:

Tasha: Tony walked into the room I was in. "I was asleep."

"Sorry," I said, "It was an accident."

"An accident that makes me have to pay bail?" Tony asked, unamused.

"Sorry about the party," I said.

Tony laughed, "You think I care about the party."

"Well, you made it sound big. And important," I said. Tony shook his head.

"I cared that you had a suit I didn't know about and that you were threatening to kill a man," Tony said.

"He was going to force me to go home with him," I said, "Would you rather I have done that?" I shot and missed.

"Don't give me attitude," Tony said, "Dang, I'm starting to sound like my mom. And of course not. I found out later his intentions. But next time, will you tell me if you have a dangerous invention that, if used wrong, could get you or someone else killed? Oh and where did you get that design."

"It's mine," I said, "Based off the suits I had seen you wear."

Tony sighed, "Okay, now I have to know, how does it work?"

"There are these shells in my back that hold the suit. They are set to activate using a certain set of movements," I explained.

"Sounds painful," Tony said.

"Not if you use my method," I said, "Making the pieces small enough to not harm the skin, then have that form a specific a specific piece of the armor, then place it in its designated place."

"How did you get it to move fast enough to work?" Tony asked.

"I put Mark 11 in my skin," I said, "That was the one that worked best, had most comfortable of speed, had best operating system speed."

"When did you build the first suit?" Tony asked.

"It came in stages. First was the computer system. I built that when I was 13. AVIS," I said, tapping behind my ear where the device was placed under my skin, "Mark 1 of the suit came shortly after the Battle in New York." I watched as Tony nodded, but his face paled. "I saw your suit," I continued, "Just wanted to see if I could make my own. Then I wanted to minimize the suiting up time and drew up this idea."

"What did your mom think of all this?" Tony asked.

"She was a little nervous at first. She didn't like the idea of me flying at top speeds in a suit, or the violence of being able to shoot and have super strength. But she complied slowly to it, especially when she realized that the chances of getting hurt in a solid vibranium suit were lower than even getting hurt in a Concord plane," I explain.

"I noticed you called the computer a girl," Tony said.

"Its pretty much a female voice version of JARVIS," I said.

"You made this when you were 13?" Tony asked. I nodded.

"I mean, its pretty cool. The only thing with it is most people are anti having a little computer in your head that could potentially sense brain activity and figure out what it is you want," I said.

Tony chuckled, "Yeah, probably not great with people who fear a robot uprising."

"It's not bad at all," I said.

"So what's the power source?" Tony asked.

"Remember that battery I was telling you about?" I asked.

"You made it work?" Tony asked.

"Not using a receiver, but a similar scenario," I said.

"Incredible," Tony said, "Tasha, I want you to know, I will never pick you up in custody again."

"Deal," I said, smirking.

"Let's get you out of here," Tony said, holding out a hand to help me out.