Chapter 11

Alice, why are we quarreling like two small children? Let's meet up and discuss all your petty worries at the park right after school. What happened to you sweetie? You're so crazy.

"So, are you going to meet with him?" Aaron wondered.

"I really don't want to, but for Carrie's sake, I kind of have to," I sighed as I threw the note away. 

"Want me to come with you?" Aaron offered.

"No, I need to do this, alone," I sighed.

***

I walk up to Josh as he was sitting in a swing with his phone out, most likely he was texting Carrie.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey!" he smiled.

He just stared at me as I stood a few feet in front of him, his eyes looked me over, I didn't want to know why he was doing this.

"So weren't we going to be talking? Not having you check me out," I snip.

"Right, right, weren't you saying something about how crazy you are about me?" he purred.

"NO!! I was wanting to knock some sense into you for the sake of Carrie and the baby!" I hollered.

"But Alice, I'm full of sense," Josh eerily smiled.

"NO YOU'RE NOT!!! What happened to you?" I yelled at him.

"You," Josh said, his face darkened.

'Me? Why me?" I pondered.

"You... you changed me, I was so careless until I stared dating you. You were so amazing..." Josh trailed off.

"So why did you cheat on me?" I asked holding back tears.

"Because," Josh sighed, "I didn't think you would still be here by know."

"What do you mean?" I demanded.

"I thought you'd be in Wonderland, it's your world Alice and it needs you." Josh cried.

"What are you talking about? That fairy tale?" I scoffed. 

Josh feircely nodded. "It happens to every girl named Alice, the Queen of Hearts is searching to kill you."

I rose my eyebrow in disbelief, "If that's true, then how do you know all of this?"

"I'm a knight in service to the Queen of Hearts, and I'm here to escort you personally to Wonderland," Josh explained as he stood and pulled off his jacket to reveal red armor with pink hearts.

"No!" I gasped before I started to run. I heard his footsteps behind me slowly gaining distance over time. I knew I couldn't outrun him for long, but I would do it as long as I had to.

I tried peering back, but I didn't want to look beak to much. Out of my eye I saw a car sped past Josh as it began to roll down the window.

"Alice!" Aaron cried. "Get in!"

I didn't hesitate to throw myself into the backseat of Aaron's car. Shutting the door I buckled myself in and took in big gulps of air.

"What was that all about?" Aaron asked.

"Josh claims that he's from Wonderland and that I'm supposed to go there and get tested by the Queen of Hearts to see if I'm the real Alice," I sighed.

"...Wow, that's crazy," Aaron calmly said.

"Aaron? Do you know something?" I inquired.

"Well the fact that you are late to Wonderland is one thing," he smiled at me through the rear veiw mirror.

"What? Oh no! Not you too!" I huffed. "What are you the White Rabbit?"

"It was so hard hiding my ears and tail during gym," Aaron confessed. "Please don't be mad at me Alice! I was told not to tell you by the Queen of Hearts or she'd have my head."

"... That's alright Aaron," I sweetly smiled at him. "Let's just get to Wonderland and get this over with."

"Really? If you encounter the Queen, you will die," Aaron informed me.

"Then I'll make sure to stay safe, as long as I don't run into Josh or any other knights," I said.

"I have to tell her that you're at least in Wonderland though," Aaron sighed.

"That's fine," I told him, "I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Thanks, now let's go to the portal to Wonderland," Aaron beamed.