Chapter 13

"What the??" I shriek as I frantically look for a way to get back on the table when this small tray of tea cakes near one of the table's elegant and giant legs.

I go over to inspect them and see that the word "Grow" had been frosted on them in magenta frosting. Before I even dare taste one, and they looked divine, I sniffed them for chemicals or drugs. They passed the smell test. Sighing I set the tray down and pick up one of the cakes and nibble on it. Suddenly the room becomes smaller and I bonk my head on the table.

"Ow! Oh crap!" I cry to make sure the bottle didn't break. It had only fallen over with the fluid almost seemed to be irritatedly sloshing in it's space.

I pick it up and take another drink of it and belch, I think I was getting used to this as I corked the bottle and watched the world grow bigger before my very eyes. I seemed to have forgotten the cake was still in my hand when I was bigger because it was still in my hand. Deciding to keep it for an emergency, I stuff it in my pocket and make a mental note to remember it was in my pocket.

"So what do I do know?" I ask the empty room as I search for the door I heard Aaron slam.

My eyes spotted the door and I felt a big relief consume me. I joyfully ran to the door like a small school girl finding a cute lost puppy with the biggest and cutest brown eyes you'd ever seen. I gripped the doorknob and turned it to the left and pulled the door open. I gaped at the lush, green, and beautiful forest that revealed itself to me. My breath seemed to escape me as I engaged in my surroundings, only to notice a note pined to a plant not that far from where I was standing.

Cautiously, I grabbed it, it was a rough sketch of a map of the land. I read a few of the labels and realized it was Aaron's handwriting. I curiously flipped it over to see the note I first saw.

Here, the note read,  I hope this helps you a bit. Stay away from the Queen of Hearts' Castle, that place should be your last resort here. If I were you I would seek the tea party area in the middle of the forest that looms before you. Be careful, I believe in you! -Aaron the White Rabbit

"Alright, so where's the tea party area?" I mumbled to myself as I began to study the map. Then I spotted the words 'Tea Party Area' with a small teapot drawn next to it.

I roll the map up and head off in what I determined the right direction was.

***

"White Rabbit number 73!" a guard calls as he examines a scroll.

Aaron nods and walks up to two large red doors with hearts designing it. He takes a deep breath and shakes his hands to calm himself. With new found courage he pushes the large doors open to a long hallway with the Queen of Hearts seated at her luxurious and plush red throne. Aaron puts on his best smile as he makes the trek down the hall. The Queen of Hearts watches him with her fierce green eyes.

Once he reaches her, she straightens and demands, "Number 73, tell me, did you bring a girl into my Wonderland? And don't beat around the bush."

"I did bring a girl Your Majesty," Aaron beamed.

"Where is she?" the Queen of Hearts asks coyly.

"She.... well she.... escaped," Aaron sighed.

"Escaped? Why did you pursue her?" the Queen questioned.

"She managed to knock me out cold, and when I awoke, she was gone," Aaron told her.

"Did you call for guards to look for her? Or search for her yourself?" the Queen inquired.

"I couldn't find any guards," Aaron defended.

"Did you search for her yourself?" pondered the Queen.

"Well, I..." Aaron began.

"Did you search for her yourself?!?!" the Queen roared.

"N-no, Your Majesty," Aaron whimpered.

"Well then, GO!" the Queen ordered as her voice rang throughout the throne room and shook the walls.

Aaron bowed quickly and rushed out of the throne room. On his way out he called a group of guards to him.

"There's a new girl in Wonderland, she has long auburn hair and sky blue eyes, she's wearing a hoodie and jeans with converse high-tops; pink. Hunt her down and bring her to my room and keep her there," Aaron ordered them, "I have things I need to ask her before handing her over to the Queen."

The guards salute before marching in time with each other in there pink and red armor suits out of the castle and into Wonderland. Aaron sighs deeply as he watches them go.

"Feeling a little... naughty White Rabbit?" a mischievous voice cooed.

"No, Cheshire Cat. She's..." Aaron huffed.

"A love?" the Cheshire Cat ponders.

"No! A friend," Aaron whispers to the Cheshire Cat.

"Well then, a friend of White Rabbit #73 is a friend of me, the only Cheshire Cat in the realm of Wonderland," the Cat coos.

"Don't you touch her or speak to her!" Aaron roared as he looked the Cheshire Cat straight in his bright green eyes.

The Cheshire Cat shrugged, "What would I do? Turn her into the Queen to be beheaded? I could do nothing worse than you."

"Go," Aaron snaps.

"Fine," the Cheshire Cat smiles as he begins to fade away, "Just remember this conversation when your love interest is on the chopping block... LITERALLY!"

Aaron clenched his fists and his jaw as he walked to his room, he had to find Alice before the Cheshire Cat.