chapter 9- aw pizza

I love this story so much, also, I reached 1k reads!!! Thank you guys so much, I'm so glad you like the story. If you have any questions or comments or whatever then let me know x (also please follow @paralanguage on Instagram ❤❤)

The boys wake up with a start when someone yells from downstairs. Evan rubs his eyes as Connor cranes his neck to look at his clock.
7:27. "Mum and dad are home." He says to Evan.
Evan rolls off of Connor, tired and grumbly at being woken up. Connor stands up and pulls up Evan by his hand, quickly kissing him and smiling. He goes to walk away but Evan hugs him and Connor hugs back.
They stay like that until there's another "Connor!" from downstairs. 

Connor takes Evans hand and pulls him out of the room, letting go once they start going down the stairs.
"Who's bag is this?" Cynthia Murphy asks, looking up at the stairs. She smiles when she sees Evan. "Who's this?"
"Evan. Evan, this is my mum Cynthia."
"Very nice to meet you Evan, do you need to be dropped home?"
"He's staying over. Can we order pizza?"
Cynthia laughs "of course!"

The boys take their bags and go back upstairs. They order pizza on Connors laptop and decide to watch a movie when it arrives.

They sit and talk while waiting, cross legged facing each other on the bed, arguing over movies and music and talking about school and their lives.
Evan tells Connor about how much his mum works, and how he doesn't really have friends other than Jared, and that he feels isolated. Connor tells Evan that he doesn't have a very good relationship with his family, but that he and Zoe are starting to get closer.
"Your mum seems nice enough, though."
"She is, but she's not very active in my life. At all."
"I'm sorry."
"Not your fault." Both boys smiled nervously, unsure of what to say "so I'm really nervous about this whole thing but I know that I'm happy just kissing you and stuff so can we do that again?"
"You dork." Evan laughed at Connor, and then sprung forward, kissing him passionately.

There was a knock on Connors door. The boys pulled apart quickly and wiped their mouths. "Come in!" Connor called, and Cynthia opened the door with her elbow, balancing two pizzas, garlic bread and a drink. "Thanks mum." Connor said, taking the things and passing Evan one of the pizzas and the drink.
"Thank you Mrs.Murphy." Evan said with a smile. "Have fun boys!" Cynthia said, walking out of the room.

bzzzt

Connor checked his phone while Evan ate a his pizza.

ZoeMcBroe™: Hows ur date

WeedMan™: its not a date

ZoeMcBroe™ sent a photo

"Holy shit." Connor said in disbelief. He saved the photo while Evan made a questioning grunt, mouth full of pizza. Connor turned his phone to him. On the screen was a photo of the two of them asleep on Connors bed a couple of hours earlier, Evan on top of him, the two holding hands. Evan choked on his pizza and started gesturing towards the drink. He sculled lemonade and coughed afterwards.
"Sorry for, uh, drinking from the bottle."
"Evan you had your fucking tongue in my mouth ten minutes ago." Evan laughed again
"What are you gonna say to Zoe?"
Connor thought for a second, grabbed a piece of pizza and stood up, walking out of the room "Follow me." He said. Evan sat there confused for a second and then grabbed a piece of garlic bread and followed Connor.

Connor was standing at Zoe's bedroom door, knocking repeatedly. She opened it with a smirk "hello boys." Connor held the pizza out to her "I'll give you pizza if you delete it." "Deal." Zoe said without a second thought. Connor held up the pizza to Zoe's mouth and she bit into it, closing the door. Evan laughed and followed Connor back to his room.

Evan carefully put the pizza boxes on the ground next to Connors bed and then flopped onto the bed face first. "Movie!" He exclaimed, voice muffled by the pillow. Connor laughed and grabbed his laptop back out and went to his "very legally got movies mhm yep the law" folder.

"OK so we have horror movies, more horror movies, and tangled."
Evan laughed and clicked on tangled. The boys finished their pizzas in the first ten minutes of the film, then snuggled up on Connors bed under the blanket and watched the rest.