Valdimir's Cheshire Cat Chapter two: Freshman

The teenage vampire sat on his bed putting on his black, high top converses. As soon as he was done with that he got up and grabbed his old, but faithful, back pack with a new button which said careful I Bite. Vald walked door the steps to the door grabbing his blood rich lunch bag.

 Before he could step out of the house he was stopped by Nelly. “Did you remember to put your sun block on?”

A smirk quickly found its way to Vladimir’s face. “Why do you ask? Am I getting too tan for you?”

Nelly only laughed as Vlad walked out the door. Outside his front door stood a familiar face along with a new one. Standing next to Henry was a nicely tanned skinned fellow that was tall and had eyes that could make any girl melt just by looking at them.

“This must be Joss.” Vlad said.

Henry nodded. “Joss, this is Vladimir, but you can call him Vlad.”

“Nice to meet you Vlad.” Joss stuck out his hand.

Vlad took his hand with no hesitation and shock it. “I’ve heard many things about you from henry, Vlad.”

The vampire looked to his friend which was hiding behind cousin. “Oh did he?”

“Yeah,” Joss piped up.

“Like what?” Vald said as he let go of his hand.

“Like you suck at video games.”

The boys chuckled a little before heading to school.

This day was their first day as freshman at Bathory High and they all knew that this year was going to be different. The three of them stopped in front of the steps to the front of the building. It was huge, the school being. The high used to be a church that was converted in to a private academy, then later on a public school.

Henry tapped Vlad on the shoulder. “Let’s get going, we’re going to be late.” He started up the steps of the school followed by Joss then Vald.

As they walk in they see a large cross standing in front of them. Henry nudged Vald in the arm. “Do you think the whole vampire’s hating crosses thing is a myth?” he whispered in his ear.

Henry and Vlad laughed quietly together.

Vlad’s eyes began to wonder around the room. First to the high ceiling which had regiments of paint; at one point there must have been a glorious painting of angels and religious figures, but now they are reduced to nothing but paint chips that even now continue to fall. From the ceiling his went down the walls then to the crowd of people. He scanned the new students to the school and tried to find some that he may know, well one person he knows. Dear Meredith. He searched for her, but it seemed to already gone in to designated area for the freshman class. He gave up and look beside him to see neither of his friends there; they had left him and gone on into the gym. Vlad went ahead to the Gym.

The gym was as big as the other room high ceiling and all. In the gym sat three tables; there he got a map of the school, a locker and the school guide book. From there he went to his locker, where he found his old friend Henry.

“Hi there neighbor.” He said is his best Mr. Roger voice.

Vlad laughed at his friend’s humorous statement.

“This is so cool that we have our lockers next to each other this year,” said Henry with a toothy grin.

Vlad smiled as he put his shiny, new red combination lock upon his locker door.

“So where’s Joss’s locker?” asked Vlad.

Henry pointed down the hall. “I think just right over there, by Mrs. Bell’s room.”