Chapter Four: Monday

The rest of the weekend went by fast and I was now Monday. Oh how Vlad dredged Mondays. He rolled out of bed groaning to the morning. Trying to transition from staying up late in the summer to waking up for school every day was hard; especially for a creature of the night.

Once down stairs Vlad warmed himself a fresh cup O-positive. A nice warm cup blood always wakes him up in the morning. Once done he tosses the cup in the sink and makes his way up stairs. As he gets himself ready for the day he remembers his time with Jade. It was nice, and that was all that he thought about that for the rest of the weekend, mostly the kiss anyway. He was sad that he couldn’t call her; he really should have gotten her number.

As he’s thinks about his new found friend, he quickly gets ready, and walks out the door with his bag in hand; right in time too, right at the end of the driveway stood Henry and Joss. “Hey guys.” He spoke.

Henry waves to him while Joss speaks, “So Vlad?”

Vlad gives him a questionable look. “What?”

Joss readjusts his back pack on his shoulder. “Henry tells me that you had that Jade girl over Friday.”

Vlad shoots a look at his friend. “How much did you tell him?”

Henry shook his head. “Not everything.”

“Yeah, so what happen?” said Joss.

“Why?” Vlad wasn’t sure why his friend cared so much, nothing really happened that he should care about. They played videogames, ate dinner together, kissed. Maybe that’s what he is expecting to hear. Did Henry tell him about the kiss or was Joss just expected me to kiss her?

Joss shrugged. “Just wondering, so what did you do?”

Vlad could tell from Joss’s curiosity that he wasn’t he really wanted to know and probably wouldn’t leave him alone all day about it. “Nothing much we played videogames and had dinner.”

“Oh you did much more than videogames and dinner.” Henry had to pipe up.

Joss looked to Vlad. “Did you kiss her? You did, didn’t you?”  Vlad looked away blushing slightly. “You did! Dude!” Joss raised his hand for a high-five, but Vlad ignored it. He put his hand down seeing that Vlad wasn’t going to high-five him back. Vlad didn’t know why they cared so much, maybe it was one of those normal teenage things of which he doesn’t possessed like many others.

“I don’t see why you guys are making such a big deal about it.”

“Vlad, my dear friend,” Henry wrapped his arm around Vlad and started to walk with him, “You see when it comes to a guy friend kissing a girl, especially for the first time, it our job as his friends to congratulate them on it.”

Vlad took his friends arm and moved it off of him. “Listen I don’t think it is such a big deal. I mean it was just a kiss.”

Both boys gave Vlad a weird look. Vlad continued, “Any we should get going before we’re late for school.”

Henry smirked as they walked. “Oh do you want to see your new girlfriend?” he laughed as he nudged Vlad’s side.

Vlad playfully pushed him. “Shut up. And she not my girlfriend.”

“Sure she isn’t.”

The boys walk to school continuing to tease Vlad with his ‘girlfriend’.

Chess opens a door violently to a blue walled room filled with trees, animals, and other nature like things.

“Shasa get up, it’s Monday; we got to go.”