Chapter three: Hanging out

Sitting and staring at the clock, waiting for the hand on the clock to move just a little bit, but the seconds seemed to drag on for Vladimir. Soon there was only three seconds left. 3………Vlad gathered his things……..2…………..Vlad swung his bag on is shoulder……………………….1, the bell rang and Vlad was no longer in the class room.

Vlad ran to Jade’s locker to begin there day of hanging out as friends, and friends only no matter how much Henry says it isn’t. He saw her at her locker reading a note. He walked up to her. “What’s that you got there?”

Jade handed the note to Vlad and banged her head on the locker door. Vlad read the note. ‘2day. After skool behined  jim. Fite.’

“Damn block head.” She smacked her head against the door once more.

“I’m guess Bill and Tom.”

“Yep.”

Vlad looked at Jade with a sincere look. “Look you don’t have to fight if you don’t want to.”

She turned to Vlad. “No it’s not the fighting I’m worried about.”

Vlad face gained a questioning expression. “Then what is it?”

Jade took in a deep breath. “His grammar!”

Vlad raised his brow. “His grammar?”

“Yes! Just look at it!”

Vlad pinched the bridge of his noise. “So the fact that you are going to have to fight a gorilla on steroids is no big deal to you, but his grammar, as bad as it is, is making you bang your head?”

“Precisely.”

Vlad gave the note back to Jade. “So what are you going to do?”

Jade shrugged. “Fight him I guess.”

He shook his head. “Wait what?

“You heard me.”

“Do you expect to win?”

“Well, yeah.”

“Against that thing?”

“Yep.”

Vlad turned and walked away but then quickly came back. “Okay if you are really going to do this then I need to be there.”

“Why?”

“Because you are about to go against a mammoth, that’s why.”

“And do you except you?” she shot him a grin.

“No. But I can distract them long enough for you to run away.”

Suddenly Jade’s grin turned into a glare. She started to walk off in the direction of her fight. She soon turns to Vlad and spoke, “I never lose a fight; especially to someone like that dumb ass Bill.” She turned back and started to walk once more.

Vlad followed her, but at a distance. Soon they came upon the gym, or as Bill calls it jim. Bill, Tom, and many others of the football team stood with their arms crossed, trying to be bad ass, but that wasn’t making Jade shake in her boots.

Vlad touched her shoulder. “Look I’m sorry for what I said, and you don’t have to prove anything.”

She spun around and got in Vlad’s face. Calmly she spoke. “I know I don’t have to prove anything.” She turn to the boy she was soon to face in battle. The volume in her voice changed to louder and more demonic. “I need to teach these dogs a lesson in obeying their master.”