2

A few days had passed since Mick got the devastating news of the fact Linda didn't want anything to do with him no more. She had sent her mum to get her things and that was that. Gone. Mick had not come down to the bar in days he was just sat upstairs all by himself. He hadn't moved, ate or talked to anyone. A picture with no sound is what his family described it as. Soon enough Johnny was on the case to find out the problem as he hadn't told anyone what was wrong

'Dad...nothing can be worth this much pain. You can tell me you know...I told you I was gay. So why can't You tell me what's happened' Johnny said standing in the doorway trying to give Mick some space. Mick just sat there saying nothing staring at the same photo he had been staring at for the last few days. Him and his beloved wife when they were getting married. That's all he kept referring back to nothing else.

Mick slowly looked up at Johnny, red eyes from crying and then he again looked down at the photo of him and Linda. No notice of the fact Johnny had just said. 'Look when ur ready to talk. I'll talk to you ok...' Johnny said kissing Mick on the head softly. Then he walked out of the room closing the door behind him to give Mick space. The pressure kept building which again ended in Mick's anger and upset winning him over. He threw the photo of him and Linda -The one he needed the most to remember- To the floor in front of him at full force which caused it to smash and a number of pieces of glass to fall on the ground. Mick wept to himself tucking his knees up to his chin. As he sobbed uncontrollably he went to stand up catching his foot on a piece of the glass causing pain to go through his heel. Something went off in his nut that this was the solution to all his problems. He bent down on the sofa lifting the biggest piece of glass that was left and held it in front of him staring at the shard. There was a mirror sat in the corner of the room that Linda has insisted they put up in the living room. Mick slowly made his way to the mirror and stared at the mess he was in looking back at him. He lifted the glass to eye level and looked at it nodding to himself while slowly pulling his shirt up to revel his smooth, unharmed skin. Nobody was there to see what Mick was about to do. Only he would know. The question was could anyone stop him before he did anything stupid...or that he could regret in later life. Only time was going to tell....