8

Linda stood holding the plug In her hand as then beeping kept going. She could feel the grip of Mick becoming weak in her hand and then his hand slowly fell to the side of the bed. motionless apart from his hand swaying slightly.

The tears began to form in Linda's eyes. She had killed her husband before she could even make up with him. She blamed herself. It was all her! She pulled the plug. She was a murderer was Going through her head. Linda fell to her knees sobbing by Mick's bedside. He was gone!

She grabbed his hand again holding it close to her mouth as she sobbed into it. 'I'm so sorry Mick I'm so sorry' she cried. 'All I wanted was to put you out of pain and protect you but now you are gone!! The love of my life. The one person I needed the most. I made a massive mistake and now I can't take that back. You are gone forever and I won't be able to get you back now. This is all my fault. You cutting. Hurting your perfect body!! Why did I have to be such an idiot!! Please Mick baby give me a sign of life. Your ok! You are ok!! I know you are you can hear me can't you!!' Linda said still holding his hand, the tears flooding down her face. There was nothing. U silence in the room now. The machine had shut off and it was dead in the room. Linda placed her head onto Mick's chest and sobbed more than she had ever before. Tears from her eyes flowing along her cheek creating a puddle on Mick. She knew he was gone. Never to return but then there was a glimmer of hope. When you looked at Mick's hand his little finger moved ever so slightly but not enough for Linda to realise. Was this the return...of Mick Carter....