Four

" Normani get up "

I turned over keeping my eyes closed while tossing the pillow over my face thinking maybe if I ignored her she'll leave.

" Mani come on now "

" Leave me alone Lexi " I grumbled pushing her hand off my shoulder.

" Okay tell me that when them hoes out there try to tap that ass again, when they have you in the corner looking like the puss in boots again tell me to leave you alone then " I hissed sitting up throwing my pillow to the foot of my twin sized bed cutting my eye to look at her " I thought that would put some fire under your ass " She smirked standing in our closet " come on lets go we still have time to run down to the store before they do head count "

I slipped out of my bed yawning once more before stretching " Come on Mani " lex whined standing in front of me " Atleast let me brush my teeth God " I walked pass her picking up my tooth brush and hello tooth paste.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth I went back into our room pulling on one of my over size hoodies. Pulling my hair up into a high bun I slide a pair of my sneakers on " Come on " I looked over at Lexi sitting on her bed looking at me with her brow raised " How you gonna rush me when I been ready " she walked pass me slightly tugging on my arm.

We lightly walked through the old house trying not to make our presence noticed as soon as we reached the front door she opened it letting me go out first just in case someone came out and caught us.

No matter what the situation was she looked out for me and I would forever and an a day appreciate her for that.

Lex grabbed on to my arm again pulling me to her side, I looked up at her face to see her smiling. But if you looked in her eyes you could tell she had a thousand emotions she was trying to hide.

She looked down at me shaking her head with that same smile on her face " Mani do you feel how hot is out here today " she cocked her head to the side asking " You got on this big ass hoodie like jake frost walking around out here, you hiding all those assets God blessed you with " she held on to my arm tighter.

It was a Saturday morning it wasn't all that bad to me but to others it may had been a little warm. I was never the one to walk around flaunting what I had I rather left something to the imagination, plus I wasn't really the one to search for attention.

We walked a little ways in silence I started thinking about the dream I was having before I was awakened I started to shake my head to rid myself of the memories I no longer wanted to remember but I had no other choice but to because they were apart of me.

Turning the corner I heard a few voices looking In the direction they were coming from I spotted a few people posted up against a brick wall it took a older guy to walk up to them swiftly moving his hand into one of theirs for me to realize that they wasn't standing there for nothing.

I felt Lexi tug on my arm pulling me closer to her as we got closer to them. I lowered my eyes towards the ground not wanting to make eye contact with anybody.

We finally got close enough to them to hear the loud talking turn into whispers.
Walking pass the group of guys I tried to tune all the voices out but it always gotta be one loud bold one out of the group who feels like he has to prove a point " Aye shorty in the red come here " I looked down at my hoodie knowing he was talking to me not even paying him no mind I kept walking " What you deaf I said come here " he got louder causing Lexi to stop walking.

She turned us around walking back towards the group I lifted my head quickly scanning the group of faces just to see four set of eyes already on us. I looked in the middle just to see a fifth person leaning up against the brick wall with their head down and hands in their pockets. " Are you deaf? She ain't reply back to your ass so that means leave her alone " Lexi let go of my arm stepping closer to him " Look bitch what are you her translater I wasn't talking to you I was talking to her "

He moved passed her reaching for my wrist but before he could even touch me somebody grabbed his looking up I turned my head to the side looking at the fifth person face that I couldn't see at first just to see it was a girl. A really pretty one if I must add what was she doing out here " Aye my guy " she dropped his wrist stepping back and taking her position back against the wall " Would you want somebody talking to your little sister like that " she asked throwing her hands back into her pocket while everybody watched her in silence " I thought so have some respect you can't get mad cause she don't want to talk to your ol dusty lame ass "

Everybody started laughing while he just stood there clenching his jaw " y'all go on and get out of here " she spoke looking directly at me I stared at her until she eventually closed her eyes again.

I felt Lexi pull at my arm as we turned around to continue our journey to the store but not before I  turned back around to take one more glance at her.

Dinah out here running things lol

Ain't nobody messing with Normani while big lex around, She don't mind putting a hoe in a headlock behind her 😂😂