Nine

" Depression is not to be taken lightly

It's hardest to heal what we cannot see

Apply empathy, even if you do not fully empathize "

I read over my words repeating them slowly in my head before softly shutting my note book and placing my ink pen by its side " oh my god mani these cramps feel like two fat bitches pulling on the last donut "  I turned my head slightly to see Lex laying in the middle of her small bed balled up " is there anything I can do " I lowly spoke before getting up and walking over towards her bed " rub my tummy please " she semi poked her bottom lip out making it hard for me to say no.

I stood there and pulled at the hem of my hoodie before slightly turning towards the window " I'll do it when I get back I promise " I pushed the sheer curtains back slightly before I felt a hand on my arm causing me to snap my head around " it's just me calm down " Lex lowly spoke walking closer towards me " Where you going " she spoke in a concerned tone while tapping her fingers against my bare skin " I hope you don't think I'm going to just let you walk around alone I'll go with you " I stepped back towards the window just for her to follow my led " No Lex I'm fine I just want to clear my head I'll be fine "

I turned around fully lifting up the window but before I could do anything else I felt Lex wrap her arms around me from behind causing me to lowly laugh " Alexia I'm not running away you're going to see me again " I cringed my neck up just to see her looking down at me with a pout on her face " you promise " she pushed her bottom lip out further asking " of course I promise I can't run away without my protector " I smiled slightly just for her to pull me into a full hug, I tensed up for a second causing her to squeeze onto me a little tighter I relaxed in her arms finally throwing my arms around her waist " I just don't want anything to happen to you ladybug " she spoke lowly into my shoulder.

We stood like that for a few seconds until I heard our door open causing Lex to raise her head up " I knew y'all had something going on " Bianca stepped into the small room fully with her little crew close behind " Not today bitch I mean Bianca I'm not in the mood " Lex let go of me and went to stand In front of the girls " Alexia I don't understand why you even bother it's us versus little ol you since we all know she ain't good for doing nothing but being your shadow " she pointed in my direction causing me to lower my head down.

I pulled my hands up and began to fiddle with my fingers until I felt a hand slide under my chin lifting my head up " what I tell you about allowing them to put fear in you Normani, I'm not gonna be here forever " She removed her hand and turned back around " First of all I'm not worried about anybody cause I have a black belt in I'll whoop your ass if you touch me " she walked closer towards Bianca until they were face to face.

They stood like that until Bianca lowly chuckled and took a few steps back " You heard what she said killa she won't be here forever " I watched her lips turn up into a grin before she turned around causing the other girls to spread apart so she could walk through just for them to follow her soon after " Normani Damn can you for once not be a punk " she flung herself onto her bed leaving me just standing there " Look you like my sister I love you but you gotta stop letting people just get over on you " she stood up and walked towards me " If you continue to let them get away with it, it's just going to continue to happen " I looked up at her trying my hardest not to blink cause I knew if I did a tear or two was bound to come out " Now go for your walk but hurry back I don't wanna come looking for you but I will " she pulled me into another hug, but this time I didn't tense up I quickly reacted by embracing her back.

_______________________

" come on man it's getting cold and dark " I watched my baby brother run up towards the slide and carefully walk up the steps " One more time Jace then that's it " I walked an awaited at the bottom of the slide for him to come sliding down with the biggest smile on his face.