12

It's dead ass been a whole year since I've updated this book, I'm sure by now I've lost my following and no one no longer expects updates. I had this in my drafts so I just threw something together for the people in the back that still care- Peace and blessings.

" So y'all got matching necklaces, what's that suppose to mean? "

" I don't know " I mumbled lowly while pushing my food around on the small plate in front of me " What if you and young sir are sisters? That would be some freaky shit. " Lex stuck the rest of her toast into her mouth while eyeing me " I don't give a fuck if they were real sisters " she sung out loud before laughing to herself. I just rolled my eyes not really in the mood for her mess this morning.

I knew for a fact me and Dinah weren't kin simply because both of my parents were black and even a blind man could see she didn't have a trace of black in her even if she did have the mannerisms.

I sat there eyeing everyone in the room until my eyes met Damien's. He stood in the far corner of the room just looking at me causing my skin to crawl " You okay " I pushed my food around on my plate ignoring Lex as I brought my head furtherdown into my plate " Normani! " she called out louder this Time gaining my attention " I asked were you okay? " she eyed me closely awaiting my answer " Yes. " I spoke lowly not caring to be heard nor seen at the moment.

I began to allow past memories take over my mind, I closed my eyes slightly as I tried to picture my mother's face. It was all starting to become a blur to me I couldn't see her face as clear as I could once before and that was bothering me.

Everything use to be so vivid to me now it was like it was all washing away like sand on a beach whenever a wave came along. I didn't like that, I could no longer remember the sound of her voice. I was having withdrawals I missed my momma and I knew she missed me too. I opened my eyes to see Lex still looking at me, she formed a small smile before reaching over and gently rubbed the top of my hand " Please don't be sad " she semi whispered " remember I feel what you feel, it's like we're twins or something " she raised her hand up slowly to wipe a stray tear I didn't even know that had escaped my eye.

We sat like that for a little while longer, I let a few more tears fall allowing Lex to wipe every single one away " Chile Sitting here watching you cry making me have a flashback "

" a flashback to wait? " I asked concerned slightly feeling bad " Girl back to the time I had some dick so good he had me in that room crying like my momma had just dropped me off at daycare for the first time " she spoke as began to laughing leaving me with a serious face " Mani loosen up and smile " she pick up her half empty tray and stood up " it's okay to be emotionally just don't let it become you " she spoke as she walked away leaving me sitting there all alone matching the feeling I felt deep inside.

I closed my eyes once again as I began to play with my pendant on my necklace. I instantly started to think about Dinah, how is it possible that we have the same exact necklace? Only time would tell and hopefully it was soon.