ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

2 weeks later

     What am I supposed to say? Things have been great thanks for asking or how about I'm fine.

Honestly I was wreck still. Whenever I did decide to sleep I had wretched nightmares that were worse than they were before. I couldn't even go to the funeral because it just to much to handle.People saying they're sorry for my loss or that everything will be ok. I don't need others sympathy.

Plastered all over the news is owner of Hayes enterprise assistants . People wanting to know what happened digging into the already existent wounds. Thanks society for not being able to keep your noses in your own business.

I hadn't been sleeping much, trying to make plans to take down the cobras seemed to consume me. The most I've done is talk to Emilio about the mafia. He wanted to help me take down those damn cobras because he said that my dad wasn't just his work partner, he was his best friend.

I never realized that we had so many other mafia's trying to take us down because we had more money and power then they'd ever will have . Money is power now, the more you have the more powerful you are.

Cheryl left the day after my dad and brother died and took jack with her. I had been tracking her down because to me it seemed suspicious that the day after they died she just leaves. I had other things to deal with so I put that to the side.

Jack is a Hayes. His last name simply makes him a walking target. If she's not careful she'll get him killed.

I couldn't deal with being it what was my house anymore so I left it to hunter. Sadly I was living with Cole, temporarily of course. Things between us had changed in the past 2 weeks. We come to agree that we knew we were more then friends but weren't dating. Friends don't hook up a lot but the whole 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend' thing isn't what I want. It definitely wasn't one of those one night stands. I always tried to push my feeling for him away but like a boomerang they always come back.

------

I lay in one of Cole's guest bedrooms going through files that were on my dads laptop. Seeing everything he knew about the cobras. There wasn't a lot but a few names I suppose the leaders or someone important. I grabbed my phone off the blue comforter and searched through the many contacts until I stumbled a cross Dimitri. I quickly called him waiting for him to answer. It was pretty late but if I had to go over to wherever I lived and wake his ass up I would.

"What do you want Hayes." he said groggily. I'm pretty sure he was asleep. Dimitri is one of our tech guys. He's not only monitors things but if we need too he can find people.

"I need you to find out who this people are and everything about them." I said as I took a picture of the list of names across the laptop screen.

"Can it wait till tomorrow? Its fucking two in the morning and unlike you I actually sleep." he said in an annoyed tone. I checked the time on my phone because I hadn't realized it was that late I thought it was only like ten.

"Now Dimitri,I want the report sent to me by tomorrow."

"I got your picture boss. Oh and happy birthday Skylar!" he said. I thanked him then ended the call and threw my phone on the nightstand next the bed.

-----

The alarm from my phone was going off which meant it was 8 in the morning. I quickly reach from my phone fumbling around the nightstand looking for my phone to turn the annoying alarm on snooze. I slept for another hour and finally decided to get up and ready. I know its my birthday and all but I don't want to do anything wild. My dad used to throw the biggest parties for my birthday. That was about the only time I'd see him for the whole day.