ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

It was an hour past midnight. The provenance of Sicily was still vibrant with nightlife.  I stood at the doors of a casino. My hands pressed against the handle of the spinning doors. The loud roar of people talking hits me like a baseball bat as soon as you walked in. The sent of cheap cigars filled the air nearly choking me out.  I scrunched up my nose attempting not to inhale the scent as I looked down at my phone double-checking that this was the place.

A group of drunken men stumbled towards me reeking of alcohol.  They looked to be about mid twenties and the tallest one in the middle smirked at me. The others were whispering thing to one and other; all were eyeing me up and down.

"Ciao Bella" he slurred out.

"I'm not interested." I spat out as I walked away rolling my eyes. I felt eyes staring at me as I quickened my pace to the elevator.

The red numbers in the corner of the elevator ticking as it went up each floor. When it reached the fifteen the door opened and I stepped out into a hallway.  The penthouse suite was on this floor. I walked straight and saw the beige door and knocked on it.

"Who is it?" the man behind the door asked.

"Its Skylar, let me in before I have to break this door open myself." I said as I leaned against the door.

I was annoyed and tired. The flight over here was long and boring, not including how jet legged I am. The door opened and a man stood there with a massive gun. He nodded then moved out the way closing the door right behind me.

The room was massive, it had a giant chandelier and paintings hung on the walls. The back wall was all glass and had a door that led to a balcony that looked down on the city below. I ran my finger over the leather couches as I passed by the living room. I walked into the dining area and there sat Cole in all his gorgeous glory. My eyes locked onto his shirtless body as I tried not to get caught looking.

"You could at least pretend to be happy to see me." He said with a smirk on his perfectly chiseled face. He sat there bleary eyed. There was a faint smile as I walked towards to him but my stomach was turning wanting to know why I was called over here.

I wrapped my arms around him placing kisses on the outskirts of his lips teasing him."I am happy to see you but why did you want me to come over here. You made it seem like it was the end of the world." 

I felt him lower his hands to my hips, his grip tightened, I yelped as he pulled me onto his lap giving me an intense look that made my bones rattle gave. His eyebrow was raised and his green eyes were piercing mine. I rested my hand on his 

"Cheryl was found dead. She was shot but when they found the body 'Blood for Blood' was written on the walls with her blood and next to it was an S. It's not the first time something like this has happened. Recently there have been a hundred cases were the S was found written in blood.  " He said as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

My breath hitched.  Crocodile tears slowly came out. I needed to make it seem like I had no clue even though I already knew this because they were all my doings. Although, it was Hunter who killed his mother, it was me who wrote 'Blood for Blood' on the walls.

"How do you know this?" I asked wiping away the insincere tears.

He huffed "I have people working in all places at all times, I know things." He cockily said out. "Why haven't you told me what went on those months you were gone?"

----------Flashback---------

2 months ago

My hands, yet again, covered in blood. This lady's dead body slumped over across the room. She had choked on her own blood. I wiped the knife that had ended her life along my shirt.Father once told me that by the gun its business but by knife its personal. I held onto the knife with one hand as i bent down cutting a part of the blanket the lady had thrown on the couch