Chapter 6

After Natsu and I put our food away in the mini fridge, I called first dibs on the bathroom. Natsu took a shower and brushed his teeth after I finished doing the same. As Natsu did so, I flipped through the television channels and got out some snacks for us to eat.

"Hey, Luce, I didn't pack any other clothes and the ones I wore before were dirty," Natsu called from the bathroom.

"Why didn't you pack extra clothes?!?"

"Thought I wouldn't need them!" Natsu retaliated, a bit offended.

"Well, what did ya learn from that one, Natsu?" I asked him.

"Pack extra clothes," he muttered. 

"For now, you should wash the clothes you brought with you," I replied annoyedly.

"How exactly am I supposed to do that?" He questioned.

"Want me to help you?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind."

I stopped at the bathroom door, my hand resting on the doorknob.  "Can I come in?"

"Yup," Natsu replied.

A blush spread across my cheeks as I saw him with only a towel around himself.  His chest and abs were exposed, making it difficult for me to avoid staring.  His clothes were placed in a messy pile on the countertop and his scarf was neatly folded next to the sink.

"N-Natsu, um, maybe we can hand wash them with soap. Here, hand me something."

"Okay," Natsu sighed, handing me his vest and a bar of soap. I rinsed off his best vest the sink and began cleaning it with the soap. Natsu did the same with his pants, laughing childishly when our hands touched each other in the sink. We spoke casually as we washed Natsu's clothes and hung them over the shower door to dry. I looked around, but there was no hairdryer, so Natsu would probably be needing that towel for a while.

Suddenly, Natsu picked up his underwear and exposed them to his flames in order to dry them. Alarmed, I sprinted out of the room with a squeal.

I guess he won't need that towel for long after all.

A few minutes later, Natsu abruptly opened the bathroom door and emerged wearing his pants.

"Natsu! W-Where is your top?" I inquired, blushing the color of his hair.

"I didn't need it. It was wet anyway," he replied casually, walking over and sitting next to me on the bed.

"Natsu, what happened to your vest?"

"I may or may not have burnt it and there may or may not be a pile of ashes in the sink," he said, speaking quickly and nervously.

"Go clean out the sink, then."

He returned a minute or two later and sat down next to me with a sigh.  I looked at him, noticing his broad shoulders and masculine neck that were usually covered by his scarf.  When he spoke, it startled me.

"Whatcha lookin' at, Luce?" He asked innocently, tilting his head at me.

"N-Nothing," I stuttered, looking away as Natsu chuckled. 

"Luce, there's something I gotta ask."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Is it okay if I call dibs on the bed? It's really comfortable."

"I wanted the bed," I sighed, looking at him with pleading eyes.

"We could share it," Natsu suggested, a small blush appearing on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"B-But I'm not sure that's a good idea," I hedged, apprehensive about sleeping in the same bed as Natsu. "Then again, you've invaded my bed when I was sleeping before.  Not that I wanted you in my bed anyway."

"Somebody's still salty," Natsu chuckled as a cold draft entered the room.  We heard a small clang and the hotel room eventually went completely cold. 

"The heater stopped working," Natsu guessed aloud.

"In the middle of a snowstorm?!?"

"I guess so."

I began to shiver, so Natsu got up and grabbed his scarf.  He approached me with a smile and wrapped his scarf around my neck.  However, I was still cold.  My shivering continued and my teeth were still chattering a bit.

"Get in bed, Luce.  It'll be warm once you get under the covers," Natsu urged, pulling the covers up to my nose with an amiable smile.

"Thanks, Natsu," I replied, returning his smile even though the thin covers didn't help much.  Natsu sat at the end of the bed and we spoke for a bit longer before he noticed that my shivering still hadn't stopped. 

"Are you still cold?" He questioned, leaning towards me.

"A little bit," I answered quietly, trying again and failing to warm myself.  I closed my eyes and brought my limbs closer to my body to conserve warmth, but it didn't help much.

Suddenly, I felt a warm presence behind me and I opened my eyes.  Two muscular arms wrapped around me from behind and a warm body snuggled against mine.  A chin rested on my shoulder and a smiling face buried into my neck and hair.  I felt two legs rest against mine and his deep breaths comforted me.  Then I realized something.

Natsu Dragneel was spooning me.

"Natsu," I whispered, turning my head.

"Shhh," he shushed me softly.  "I'm keeping you warm."

I felt myself smile as Natsu brought me closer to him and brush my hair out of the way.  I was unsure what to say, so I remained silent as Natsu cuddled up to me.  I simply absorbed his heat.  I wasn't expecting his actions, but he calmed me in a way nobody else had before.  A warm, pleasant feeling collected in my chest and I sensed myself relax more.

"Thank you, Natsu."

"Anytime, Luce," he replied, whispering near my ear as he buried his face in my neck, causing me to blush. "Are you warmer now?"

"Yeah.  You're really warm," I hummed peacefully, resting my hand on his arm.

"Hey Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I sleep here with you?"

"Fine," I replied sarcastically, causing Natsu to release a small laugh.

He's so warm and his skin is so soft.  Is he asleep yet? I thought as my heartbeat accelerated. 

This feels so comforting.  I wish I could stay like this forever.

Not much later, I fell asleep in Natsu's warm, muscular arms.  I slept peacefully, as I leaned against his warm body and he held me close. 

I ship it so much... don't mind me in my little corner being a fangirl...

Also, sorry for typos so far... I haven't edited yet. (Sorry if it's bad)

Love ya and thanks for reading!

-StarGazer1726