chapter 1

word count: 1012
published date: 180724
edited date: 170709
-
yejin's pov

"alice choi!" my boss calls out. i stand up from my desk and walk over to her, "yes?" i ask. she hands me two pieces of paper. "i have a request for you," she smiles as she stands up to walk with me. i read the front page, BTS, One of the Most Famous Stars Right Now. "you are aware that we have fluent korean speakers in this department besides you, correct?" she asks. i nod and she continues, "well they are out working on other reports but you just finished your latest article on the victoria's secret fashion show pretty quickly. i loved that article so i was wondering if you're up for interviewing and writing an article on these korean boys. you're also fluent in korean and english so this would be pretty easy for you. if you don't want it then you don't have to." i gasp and nod, "of course i would love to. when is the interview?" i ask.

she points to the calendar on the wall, "two days from now." i nod and go back to my office as she goes back to her's.

as soon as i go back to typing on my computer, dana runs into my office. "what's up?" i ask as she lies down on the couch. "i hate interns!" dana groans. i giggle and continue my work, "we were them two years ago, don't forget." she shrugs her shoulders and walks up next to me. "bts? who's bts?" i shrug my shoulders and grab my bag, "you ready to go home?" i ask since my shift was almost over. dana nods and walks out of my office.

"dana! alice!" a male voice calls out. we look up and see yoona and chase getting in the elevator with us, "you guys done?" yoona asks. dana and i nod, "you?" we ask. chase nods but yoona was on her phone, "ah sorry. i'm done too but boss was asking for copies of the article on one of bts member's girlfriend, sieun, and her recent photo shoot or whatever."

the elevator reaches the first floor and we go our own separate ways after saying goodbye. "what do you want for dinner?" i ask as we get in dana's fiat gucci 500. "you want to go out for drinks or cook something up?" she asks. "i'll cook something up."

we arrive at the house we've been living in for the past two years. "annyeong boong-boong," dana squeals as our dog jumps on his hind legs. "he loves you more, it's so unfair," i whine as i take out the ingredients to make salad and one-pot herb chicken and lemon. "i need an outfit for the interview, can you pick one out for me?" i ask as i start to cook with boong-boong running around next to me. dana runs up the stairs and immediately you can hear drawers slam. "are you trying to break my dressers?!" i yell as i start to cook the rice and prepare the salad while the chicken is cooking. "

i prepare our dinner on our regular white plates and set it down on the dining table. "dinner's ready!" i yell as i give boong-boong some of his own food. "are you okay with wearing a dress?" dana asks as she runs down the stairs and sits down at the table. i nod my head while chewing my chicken, "as long as i look presentable then i'm okay."

"i love boong-boong," dana confesses as she swallows her water, "and boong-boong loves me. i have never loved a boy this much." boong-boong waddles her way over to the dining table and circles dana's chair, "all of a sudden, i want a cat," i mumble.

after finishing my meal, i put the plate in the sink and sit down in the living room, "so who do you think bts is?" i ask. dana sits down next to be with boong-boong in her arms and shrugs, "all i know is that they're korean. ooh, during the interview break you better ask me to bring me coffee so i can see what they look like. but don't search them up just yet, let's be surprised with their visuals." i nod as i turn the tv on, descendants of the sun season three was on. "can you believe the song couple has a kid now?" dana whispers as she pets boong-boong, "song joongki was one fine man though."

"when do you want to visit korea?" dana asks suddenly. i look back at her and shrug, "when we have a break from work." she laughs and nods, "my relationship with work is a love-hate thing."

after a few hours of sitting in front of the tv, it was about eleven pm. "i'm gonna go wash up and go to bed," i yawn as i go upstairs.

the cold air of my bedroom hits me and goosebumps appear instantly, guess who's taking a warm bath tonight, i said to myself. from my dresser, i grabbed underwear and an oversized shirt that ended mid-thigh. after turning off the lights of my room, i go into my bathroom, put in a bath bomb, and wave my bubble bar wand around to create more bubbles. i strip off all my clothing and turn off the lights before turning on the candles and stepping into the warm water.

not going to lie, instead of shower thoughts, i have bath thoughts. not thoughts about anything "mind-blowing" but about the people around me.

after thirty minutes of thinking about nothing in the tub, for once, i drained all the water and dried myself off before changing into my new clothes and going to bed. again, i light another candle and put it next to me before i check my phone again. no new notifications. i sigh and put my phone under my pillow then turn away, jeon jungkook, what are you doing now...