Chapter 1: Choose a Side

In the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, a boy named Jack was getting ready for High School. Jack is in 9th grade. Jack has black, semi-long, naturally wavy hair that reaches his eyes but he pushes it to the side. Today, he's wearing a white T-shirt with blue splattered paint on the collar and on the end of the left sleeve, and red paint on the bottom of the shirt and the right sleeve, blue jeans with black converse, and a jean jacket that has Harley Quinn diamonds on the back, and black fingerless gloves. He wants to look good because he is going to see his crush, Seth.

In the High School common area, Jack was sitting at a table with his friends, Raven, Dinah, Liza, Selina, and Mateo. Raven was the 1st smallest. She has short black hair. She is wearing a leather jacket with a purple T-shirt with green highlights, fingerless glove, black skin-tight pants, and black ankle boots. Dinah is the 2nd smallest and has shoulder length curly black hair. She is wearing a black leather jacket with a white T-shirt with light blue jeans with knee length converse. Liza is the 3rd tallest and have curly brown hair but keeps it in a ponytail. She is wearing a white sailor jacket with a blue and white striped T-shirt, white fingerless gloves, a white skirt with black leggings and white ankle boots. She also sport pearl bracelets and necklace. Selina is the 2nd tallest who has straight blonde hair with bangs that covers her right eye. She wears a blue and red jacket with gold highlights with a white T-shirt that says "Daddy's Little Monster," blue jeans with red converse. She also sports a choker that says "Puddin." Mateo has black short hair and is slightly taller than Selina. He wore a black leather jacket with a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black shoes. The group was chatting and joking to each other. A few minutes later, Seth can in and headed towards the group's table. Seth had short black hair and had similar facial features as Taylor Lautner. He wore a short sleeve white unisex raglan shirt with black sleeves, dark blue jeans with black and white converse. The shirt really showed off his incredible muscles. His chest muscles, abs and biceps were popping out, making almost anyone melt. In those jeans, his hot ass was showing too. Seth sat close to Jack. Jack was nervous, breathing unevenly and blushing slightly, but noticeable for Raven to see. "What are you doing, guys?" Seth asked. Jack was panting very silently. Seth's voice was making him swoon. Raven smiled, and Jack was getting embarrassed by that. "We're just talking," Mateo said. "Cool," said Seth. Seeing what's going on with Jack, Seth got an idea. "Well, I'm gonna go, so see you later," said Seth, brushing his hand against Jack's chest. Jack was blushing so red that everyone at the table noticed it. Jack placed his head on the table in shame. "Well Jack, how does it feel to be next to Seth?" Dinah asked, mockingly. "Shut up!" This pissed off Jack, which made everyone laughed. Fortunately for Jack, the bell rang, off to Biology, Jack's favorite subject.

2 hours of a few classes, everyone went to the cafeteria for lunch. Everyone ate at their usual table. The group was chatting with each other including Jack who forgave them for earlier. After they ate, they went outside for some fun. A few minutes of fun, Jack spotted Seth, who was having fun, too. He was covered in sweat, making his gorgeous skin look magnificent. Jack blushed dark red. He was frozen in time. Soon, Raven broke him out of the trance. Raven was smiling about what Jack was doing, staring at Seth. Out of nowhere, the principal called the group, Seth and his best friend Sam. They followed the principal inside the school to outside of her office. "I called you all here because you are the most talented and elite of all the school," said the principal. "This is Eli Kal. You've heard about the new government, right?" "Yes," said the students. "Well, he wants you to join his new order of government." "Yes, with Jack's agility and similar fighting style of Harley Quinn, Dinah's hand-to-hand combat and sword fighting, Raven's hand-to-hand combat and scythe fighting technique, Liza's martial arts, Selina's agility and razor sharp claws like Catwoman, Mateo's bow staff fighting style, Seth' combat and gun shooting fighting style, and Sam's sickle fighting technique, you will rise to be someone important, get anything you most desired!" said Eli. The students were thinking of what they desired. Jack wanting all animals to be protected and Seth to be his, Raven wanting money and candy, Selina wanting to be famous, also wanted from Seth, Liza, and Sam. They all agreed to join. "Well, what about you two," asked Eli. Mateo and Dinah rejected the offer. "Why?" asked everyone. "It's wrong, getting what you wanted! You have to earn it for it to be special." said Mateo. Eli walked towards the two and talked quietly so the two could hear. "Well, I guess we're enemies." Mateo and Dinah were in shock. What did he mean by enemies? Is their friendship over? The group was at an end. Mateo and Dinah saw greed in their friends eyes. Their eyes full of evil after they had agreed to it. After that moment Eli and the others were leaving. "Where are we going?" Asked Jack. "We are going to Metropolis," said Eli. "If we are going to work together, you can call me Kal." With that they left to catch a flight to Metropolis.