Chapter 179

Unfortunately our cuddle time didn't last too long because Brooklyn became hungry so Ashton went to feed him while Ann and I started on lunch.

"Car, can I go try out my new board?" Ender asked.

"Yeah. But wear your helmet please." I said.

"I'll go with him." Ashton patted my shoulder and the two of them went outside.

Ann and I worked on the chicken bake we were making when Brooklyn started to cry.

I hurried to wash my hands and went over to him.

"Oh, someone needs to be changed." I curled up my nose and hurried to change the poor thing. I took out the trash and then washed my hands again.

I checked on Brooklyn in his crib and then went back to helping Ann.

Ashton and Ender came back in before lunch so they could wash up and take a seat at the bar. I set Brooklyn's car seat on a chair in the kitchen next to us so he could be in the middle of the action while we ate.

In the books I had read it said one of the ways to play with your newborn and keep him entertained was to place him where the most action was in the house and encourage people to have little conversations with him.

After lunch I rocked Brooklyn in my arms until he fell asleep and then put him in his crib so he could nap.

"Babe, tell me if it's okay if I post this." Ashton said and I joined him in the living room.

He showed me a little collage he had made of all of the photos we had taken last night in front of the tree.

"Post it." I smiled.

We had only posted one picture since Brooklyn had been born of his tiny little hand wrapped around Ashton's finger that said "Christmas came a few days early this year." to announce that he had arrived, but that was it.

We spent the rest of our day hanging out with each other. I had a tea party with Gracie, leaning Brooklyn up against my stomach so he could be involved like Gracie wanted, and she had a great time playing tea party with him.

It was another night of midnight and 3:00 am wake up calls from Brooklyn and then that next day we were taking him to the doctors for his five day check up.

We carried him into the doctors in his car seat with a blanket over the top so any photographers wouldn't get photos of him since they were all over the island.

We waited in the waiting room for a while until we were called back.

A different doctor came to look at Brooklyn, weighing him, listening to his lungs and heart, and checking his little reflexes.

"He is one healthy little baby." The paediatrician Dr. Kudrow said, tickling Brooklyn's bare tummy.

"Good." I smiled.

"So do you two have any concerns?" She asked us.

"No concerns really, I just want to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep him healthy." Ashton said.

"Well you are both doing a great job so far, but if you do have any questions feel free to call the office." She smiled.

"Thank you so much." I shook her hand before we left.

We had taken Ashton's jeep but had the top up so Brooklyn wouldn't get blown away, and made a stop at the store to pick up some diapers and other things we needed.

Thankfully he napped the almost the entire time Ashton and I walked around the store, Ashton carrying him around while I pushed the cart.

"Is someone awake?" I heard Ashton say behind me as I put a box of formula into the cart.