CHAPTER 20: NOT AN ALPHA?

"Then why did you leave me Anouk?" he says while growling at me.

This earns him a growl from both Tristan and Chriz.

Ignoring them I look at Knox, straight in his eyes.

"I heard you guys talk and then things got pretty confusing for me and I did what I thought was the best for me."

Knox lets an angry yet pained growl.

"I knew he was trouble," he said in an angry tone turning towards Tristan in a combat stance.

"Knox. Please don't," I plead.

He sighs before pulling me for a hug.

"Wait. Why did no one contact me after the attack?" I ask looking at the three of them.

"The packhouse was relocated and the people were shifted to other packs and it was time-consuming."

I nodded, understanding the situation.

"Was there any casualty?" I ask to which they shake their heads as a no. I sigh in relief.

"But then again why were we, Knox and I, in the dungeon all chained up?"

Nobody answers that question. They have their heads down or are looking far away. They did not even meet my gaze.

"I am not an Alpha anymore Anouk," Knox said while looking at me trying to decipher what reaction I might give.

I felt numb. Maybe it was because of the fact that I had left and his wolf could not tolerate that? I don't know what Celine has to say about that. I haven't felt her since many days.

"How?"

"Nouky, what makes one an Alpha?" Chriz asked in a clipped tone.

The answer was obvious. "The pack."

"And he just had his pack shifted and so he could not retain his title when he has no pack, werewolves to look after and to rule over," Tristan explained.

Now, I got that. "But what about your wolf, Knox?"

He shook his head giving me a small smile as if saying – later.

"My wolf?" I ask.

"What about her?" Chriz questions.

"I cannot feel her...anymore."

Both Tristan and Chriz look at Knox who is already looking at me. He says nothing but then I understand. He is my mate. Our wolves were linked. One cannot survive without another. It was bound to happen.

"The people or rather the guards who caught both you and Knox had no idea about who you both were. They were warriors from my pack patrolling the lands of Eugene pack. When they informed me about trespassing I came here as fast as I could," Tristan explained.

Tristan smirks and Knox scoffs while Chriz smacks her mate's shoulder. That is when I remember something.

"But...Tristan, you were angry, sort of - when you met me."

This seems to have caught his attention. "I...I thought that you knew about me, but after meeting you and seeing your confused face I realized that you clearly had no idea about my existence, what happened to me and what our parents did."

I nod.

"Wait, wait...What about mom and dad?"

Their faces pale at my question and they look at each other as if trying to avoid answering this one.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ooo... burrrnnn...

KEEP READING.

PRIVATE CHAPTERS COMING 'SOON'.