III

Allyson's pov

"Stop right here" Calum said as I pulled up to a large gray house. He got a huge grin on his face, "This is it."

I got out of the car and you could feel the bass drop of the music from outside. The air smelled like weed and there were red cups discarded throughout the front yard as people walked in and out of the house, which looked dark from the door. I looked to Calum and frowned, crossing my arms. "Not a huge party, just a kick back?"

Calum shrugged his shoulders and laughed, "Maybe I under exaggerated a bit. Michael always throws the best ragers. I don't know how you've never been to one, he lives close enough."

"Parties aren't really my thing."

"And yet, here we are." Calum walked over to me, shoving his hands in his pockets, "What, didn't have another date this weekend so you decided I would do?"

"My parents' plans for tonight were watching the Grease double feature on DVD, safe to say I was going to pass that up for anything." I smirked and looked up at him, "Besides I'm trying to fix you, remember?"

He rolled his eyes, "Oh, shut the hell up." Calum brought his hand from out of his pocket and set it on the small of my waist, pulling me to him. His breath smelled of tobacco and Orbit Gum. "You came because you're into me."

"I most certainly am not," I said as I wriggled out of his arms. "Let's just go inside before I decide to go back home."

"I already know you aren't going home." He looked into my eyes, "Not without me making sure you get there safe."

Butterflies filled my stomach as he said that, I ignored them. "Aren't you drinking or getting stoned tonight?"

"No, Ally." He was still looking at me; it was like he was a different person. "One of us has to stay sober throughout the night."

I scoffed, "And I'm not going to stay sober?"

"This is your first party, I'm assuming so no, you probably aren't staying sober. Come on, let's go meet Michael." He grabbed my arm by my elbow and began to pull me inside; he led me through the house – which was filled with sweaty people dancing way too closely to one another – and into the back yard where there was a group of people sitting in a circle, passing around a joint. That was where the weed smell had been coming from. "Mike! Hey man come here, I want you to meet someone."

A boy with red and black hair that looked like it was about to fall out of his head stood up from the circle and walked over to join us. His eyes were bloodshot from the weed and he had a big smile on his face, "Hi, I'm Michael but you can call me Mike." He looked over to Calum and tried to whisper, but I could still here him, "Who's the cute girl Cal?"

Calum hit him on the back of the head, "Watch it Mike. Fuck I shouldn't have brought her to meet you while you were high, this is Allyson."

I waved my hand a little, "Hi."

"You ever smoked weed before?" Michael nudged my shoulder.

"She hasn't," Calum answered me, "But she's really easily persuaded." He turned and smirked at me.

"What if my parents find out?" I shifted my weight from one foot to another.

"Don't worry about it. Just tell them other people were smoking, which isn't a lie. Plus," Calum reached into his pocket, "I always bring eye drops to a party."

"I don't know, guys." I shook my head.

"Here," Calum walked me over to the circle, "When the joint gets to you, you can choose whether to puff or to just pass. We won't do anything, it'll be 100% your call. If you pass it five times, we'll let you leave the circle and you can just come hang out with me. But if you do decide to take a puff, then whatever happens after that is up to you. I'll sit right behind you."