Chapter Six

Bunch of Whores

Meagan and I were at Girl's Night Out along with three other girls and the two leaders. We were sitting and eating supper making merry conversation, and one girl was telling a story. 

She's hard to understand sometimes, and she said something but Meagan misheard it and casually said-

"Did you just say you're a whore?!" 

The other girls and I agreed that that was indeed what we heard. 

Surprisingly the leaders didn't give a crap about the fact that she just said whore, which was amazing because we were in  the kind of environment that was supposed to be 'safe' and 'happy' and 'equal' and 'swear free' (One of the leaders was the school counsellor) 

They did give us a look though, and exchanged an eye roll with each other.

Couch Cushion Treasure Hunt (CCTH)

Last chapter I mentioned me and Meagan looking for loose change in the couches at our school. We have a student lounge that had couches in a semi-circle and often when I was broke (all the time) and we were hanging out after school we would look for money in the cushions, or other random objects hence the name couch cushion treasure hunt. 

Actually, the name Couch Cushion Treasure Hunt originated from when I was little and would see what I could find in our couches at home, usually I couldn't find something except for a quarter or some dust. 

Anyway, some of the things Meagan and I found in the school couches include-

-5 dolla bill (score, we spent it right away.)

-Random spoon

-Lolipop that Meagan actually ATE. (It WAS wrapped, but still, ew.)

Unfortunately, the staff replaced the couches with these dumb cube things, so we have nowhere to look for money now. :( 

Lemon on The Table

Another art class story, (I feel like there should be a book just for art stories.) We were given an assignment to do a pastel art drawing. The teacher had some bright idea that Meagan and I could go work in a room alone together. (Miraculously we actually got work done.)

Some description of the pastel art, it was a bowl with a pear and an apple in it, and a table with a lemon all by itself. 

I pointed this out to Meagan, saying something along the lines of "look at that lemon all alone on the table. It's like a third wheel!"

We decided that "Lemon on the table" would be our code for an awkward situation from then on. 

For the next few weeks every time there was an awkward silence or situation, we would be like "Well there's a lemon on the table for ya!" 

A/N  That's all I have for today, but I am going to update again tomorrow or on Friday. Also, I'm kind of eliminating these author's notes from this story cuz they're a little repetitive.