Back and better then ever

"What are you doing back in Cali? Don't you have school?" He looked down and scratched the back of his neck and sighed.

"I kind of dropped out.." he trailed off and my eyes widened.

"What? why?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Wasn't my thing, I wasn't doing to great in my classes so I decided to move back with my dad" he paused then spoke up again

"So why are you back? Are you visiting with what's his face Calum?" I sighed and looked down, tears welling up in my eyes as I turned to face him again.

"Um nope, im uh im back for good as well, without Calum" I quickly wiped my eyes but Niall already noticed.

"What happened? I thought things were great between the two of you?" I shook my head and laughed.

"No they were, but on our two year anniversary I went to his apartment and found him cheating on me with some blonde girl. I left there and immediately got on a plane here, and here I am" I kind of laughed and Niall smiled softly and looked at me.

"Lex, I'm really sorry about everything. I never meant to hurt you the way I did, I have no explanation as to why I did the things I did to you. I miss you and I miss us." He looked desperate. I knew he was telling the truth. I knew I could trust him.

"I miss you and us too, the two years I spent with Calum I never felt anything like I did when I was with you, yes I loved him, but nothing can and will compare to what we had" he smiled and brought his hand up to my face, stroking my jawline.

"Give me another chance, please lex, I can make it all better again" i smiled and nodded.

"Yes" he grinned really big and pumped his fist in the air.

"Awesome! Is 7 okay to pick you up?" I laughed and nodded.

"Bye Niall, I'll see you tonight" I winked at him, grabbing the hair spray I needed and checked out, leaving Walmart.

I was hungry as shit so I decided to go to Chic Fil A and grab some lunch. I got 4 chicken sandwich meals and 1 chicken nugget meal. After getting lunch I quickly drove back home so the food wouldn't be cold.

After getting Chris to help with the groceries and passing everyone their food, I checked the time seeing that it was 4. I went up to my room to eat my sandwich.

"Hey honey, how you holding up?" My mom asked giving me a sympathetic smile. I grinned at her, sipping on my lemonade.

"Great actually!! I saw Niall at the store and he asked me on a date for tonight, he's picking me up at 7 but knowing Niall he's going to be here early." I took a bite into my sandwich. She looked taken back then a smile grew on her face.

"Well I'm happy for you honey, just please be careful okay? I don't want you getting hurt again" I smiled softly at her, nodding.

"I love you mom"

"I love you too honey"
--

7 rolled around pretty quick. I had spend the last two hours getting ready, I had texted Niall asking him what I should wear and he told me to dress classy, but not too fancy.

I put on some blue jeans, skinny jeans to be exact, a crop floral off the shoulder top with my signature ankle strap heels. I put my hair in a messy but somehow neat bun, doing a smokey eye that complimented my emerald green eyes. I put on a layered necklace and grabbed my clutch walking downstairs.

"Ow ow hot momma" Brittany said, I laughed and did a 360 posing in every direction. Then I heard a knock at the door, I walked over to the door and swung it open. There Niall stood and boy did he look amazing.

He was dressed in his signature black skinny jeans, a blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and black and white vans complimented his feet. 

"Hello handsome" I smiled as he walked in. Even with these heels on Niall still towered over my short petite figure.

"Hello gorgeous" kissing my cheek he wrapped an arm around my waist. I looked at Brittany who just drooled over Niall. I snapped my fingers in her face and she looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows.

I laughed and buried my head it the crook of Nialls neck.

"Well lets go babe, don't want to miss our reservation" I nodded and waved bye to my mom and Chris before walking out the door.

He opened the passenger door for me letting me climb in. After shutting the door he ran around to his side. We pulled out of my drive way and drove into the city. I lit a cigarette and inhaled the smoke, blowing it out slowly. The drive to the restaurant was quiet but comforting, as it always has been with Niall. He reached across and grabbed my hand, kissing my knuckles but kept his eyes on the road. I smiled to myself and rested my head against the seat.

Soon arriving to the restaurant I got out of the car grabbing my clutch and taking Nialls hand in my own and walking in the place.

"Reservation for Horan" the host led us to a back table, giving us menu's.

"Thank you for coming with me tonight lex, you have no idea how much it means to me" I smiled and nodded, rubbing his hand with my thumb.

"Niall, after we get done here can we stop at jakes? I haven't seen him yet and I think it would be great to have us all three together again."

"Of course love" he smiled at me.

After giving the waiter our food order Niall and I talked about this and that, everything and nothing.

After paying we headed to jakes house, took us only about 10 minutes to get there from the restaurant.

We pulled in the drive way and Niall and I got out of the car, holding hands walking up to his front door. I knocked on the door several times, while waiting Niall wrapped his arm around my waist while I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Opening the door Jake was in a pair of gym shorts and a tee shirt with his glasses on.

"Guess who?" I smirked as his eyes grew wide and a smiled grew on his face.

"BITCH WHAT THE FUCKKKKK" I busted out laughing as he yanked me in for a hug.

"I haven't seen you in ages where have you been?! I missed my twin" he made a sad face before turning to Niall and pulling him in for a hug too.

"So you guys are back together?" He looked between the both of us.

Niall and I smirked at each other before I replied.

"Back and better than ever"

**************

Guys the next chapter will be the last one. I know this book doesn't have a lot of reads and votes but for the people that do read my book thank you so much, I've worked really hard on this and I'm sad it's coming to a end. I am working on another Niall book maybe, then might do a Calum hood or a Luke Hemmings book let me know which I should do

Vote and comment!!

Katie ❤️