Switching of Duties

Asriel ran back inside crying from Frisk's hurtful words, his soul felt heavy on him. It felt damaged. Asriel slowed himself before entering back into the room where his parents sat. He didn't want them getting mad at Frisk. Asriel shooed his tears away and reentered the room.

"How was your talk with Frisk my child?" Toriel questioned.

"It was fine." Asriel said shortly, taking a seat

"That doesn't sound too assuring to me." Asgore inquired.

"Asriel let me see your soul please." Toriel said.

"No mom I'm fine really." Asriel said avoiding her carful eyes. Toriel stood up and walked over to her son.

"I know when you are hurting my child, you are my son after all." Toriel reassured Asriel. Immediately Asriel felt better, the weight had been lifted from his soul. Asriel gasped loudly.

"What is it my child?" Toriel asked worriedly.

"N-n-nothing..." Asriel said. Toriel peeked at Asriel's soul and saw that it looked fine.

"Alright my child, nothing then." Toriel cooed patting Asriel's head.

~~~

"Wait here for a moment Undyne." Papyrus commanded.

"Pap I'm fine, really." Undyne argued.

"You must rest, I can't have you getting hurt even more like Gaster." Papyrus finished exiting the bedroom.

"Jessica can you look after Undyne for a moment." Papyrus asked her.

"Ah... sure." She stuttered. Jessica entered into the bedroom. "Hello."

"I'm guessing you're looking after me until Pap comes back right." Undyne guessed not even looking at Jessica. She sat up on the bed.

"T-t-that's right, how did you..." Jessica stopped and coughed more blood into her hand. Jessica's soul cracked more.

"You ok there Jess?" Undyne asked Jessica.

"I'm fine." Jessica stated smearing the blood on the back of her shirt. Jessica sat down next to Undyne.

"What did you wipe on your shirt Jess?" Undyne asked her.

"It was nothing, just a cough." Jessica stated avoiding Undyne's eyes. Undyne took this into consideration and decided not to press further.