Second Place TOP Winner: Dragon's Quest

Dragon's Quest

By Moongirl1012

By Moongirl1012

Blurb:
Amberly and Holly, polar opposites living normal lives, are thrust into a world of myth and magic--Drakonnia. The world is threatened by a mysterious force, and its only hope lies in an elite group with the two girls amongst the chosen. With the odds against them, they are forced to make decisions they would have never dreamed of; love or power, life or death, giving in or learning how to fly.

Amberly's problems consisted of dealing with her arguing mother and stepfather, not being in the middle of a decades-old power struggle. She would much rather be reading a book, then sent on a quest to save the world

Holly had a life she'd very much liked to keep; she was popular she was liked and sure she had some problems, but she was happy-somewhat. But magical Portals that decide to bring you to a magical world don't exactly care about that kind of stuff.

They are both taken; dropped into a world incomparable to their own. Drakonnia has soaring mountains, vast oceans, and colossal forests. They come to appreciate the new society and accept their fate to live their days out here without returning. But Drakonnia is not as peaceful as it seemed. It will be soon be covered in a blackness that will choke everything and anything. Together, they must stop it from destroying the world they have come to appreciate. A prophecy issued from the stars commands Amberly and Holly to save Drakonnia. Along with help from Travis, another person from Earth, they must venture into the maze and face their greatest fears.

***

Hi, Kristy here and I'll be reviewing your story! Please remember, I'm here to help you!

First, I'll be focusing on things that really intrigued me about your story:
Characterization, Description, Plot.

•Characterization•
Your MC's, Amberly and Holly.

Generally, when a story revolves around multiple characters being shown viewpoints through within high school points, it can be confusing. The lines usually get blurred between the two and they mash. Not once did your two characters mash. Though they didn't (haven't from where I've read) interact yet, you've kept them separate for who they are. You dived on their personalities and didn't once make either girl like the other, which made it even more thrilling to read. I liked the fact they were different.

What made them even better was the fact that while they were thrown into the same world, they were on complete opposite sides of doing so. It gave their personality a boost, showed them in a different light, and yet, they didn't change. I realized that you put each girl with a Queen of their own attitude, which I personally thought was brilliant.

I love how you've built the characters, especially with their interactions. When one interacts with another, it's realistic. I get tired of seeing all the happy dopey stuff in other stories, where people are all for meeting others. You've actually your characters meetings realistic, from freaking out to slowly coming around to accepting, and the trying to run away from it all. I truly liked that!