chapter six.

“I uh .. I wanted to see if you were here, you see..” I nervously chuckled, scratching at the back of my neck. 

“Well, you found me,” He croaked out,”How come you never talked to me after that day?”

“I-I uhh.” I stuttered, tugging at the hairs at the back of my head,”Why were you crying?

It’s evident that the crying took a toll on him. His eyes are blood shot and glossy from the tears. His curly hair is sticking up all the place and his cheeks are stained with tears. Although he looks like a mess, I still find him attractive. And plus, I’m trying to steer the conversation away from the fact that he asked me why I haven’t spoken to him, it must mean that he’s been thinking of me as well. But there’s no time for that right now, he’s a mess.

He took a shaky breath in, rubbing the heels of the hands into his eyes, “I-I .. I found my long term boyfriend cheating on me at our flat. H-he had s-some other guy in bed with h-him. I stood there as he just continued to kiss him. I-I mean he looked up at me and was a little shocked. He even tried trying to explain to me but I ran and here I am. Sobbing like some school girl.” 

Letting out a soft sob, he goes back to the position he was in before when I first saw him. Awkwardly, I sit down next to him and pull him into my arms, rubbing his back and murmuring “It’s going to be okay, everything will be better.” into his soft mop of curls. He nuzzles his head into my neck, tears soaking the skin there, I could feel the sobs racking his body.

Finally, he pulls away and takes a shaky breath in, “I’m sorry for blubbering all over you,I’m even more sorry for dumping all this shit on you.” 

“It’s fine, Harry. It’s best that you did let it out instead of holding it in and you letting it blow up on you later, you know?” I chuckled softly.

He took a shuddering breath in, and began to compose himself properly, sighing.

“Normally, I’m so composed, you know? I hardly let things get to me but here I am, crying alone in a library, God, I’m such a fucking idiot!” Harry laughed humorlessly, running a hand through his curls.

“You’re not an idiot, at least, I don’t think so. I think you’re bloody brilliant. He shouldn’t have done that to you. He obviously doesn’t deserve you if he’s going around being some type of man-whore, you know? Here, let me take out for a drink or a coffee.”

“That sounds great. Just wait a few moments, please. I feel like I’m a mess. Well, I am a mess but I probably look horrible.”

“No, you don’t look horrible. Believe me, You’re beautiful.” I told him, wiping his cheeks of tears, and pulling him closer, “You’re absolutely beautiful, Harry. Don’t think otherwise, okay? Can you promise me that?”

“Yes, Of course. Zayn?” He looked up at me through his lashes, taking a small a breath in.

“Yeah?”

“Thank-you for being here for me, I don’t know what I’d do. But thanks for listening and being my shoulder to cry on.”

“Isn’t that what friends are for..?” I laughed, and let him go, “Let’s go, you can tell me more about yourself when we get there, I’d love to hear about you.”

Slowly, Harry got up and bent over to grab his bag, I couldn’t help but notice how lanky and long his legs were. I sucked a breath in and turned away. I didn’t want to be caught checking him out but I couldn’t deny how fit he looked. He seemed like some kind of model out of a clothing magazine. He was absolutely perfect. He straightened himself and turned towards me.

“So how about that drink? You still up for it?” He asked me, chuckling.

“U-uhh, Y-yeah. Let’s go. Just let me grab my messenger bag.” I flushed, I turned around and walked towards where I had dropped my bag. “Come on! We can walk. I know this great place where they have the best biscuits and tea. Or coffee, whichever you prefer.”

“It doesn’t matter,” he said as he grabbed my arm and dragged me down the stairs,”I really want that cup of coffee and some biscuits or any type of pastry.”

Moments later, I was at the bottom of the stairs, trying to right my footing. I felt like a new born deer after being dragged down the stairs,”What’s the rush, Harry? Seems like you’re eager to go out on this “date” with me.” I teased him.

Harry huffed and turned away from me, “Pleasee, Zayn. I’m just eager for that pastry, you promised me!” he yelled over his shoulder as he walked away from me.

From the corner of my eye, I could see the librarian rushing over to tell him to keep quiet but he was already out the door, she turned towards me and glared. 

sorry if the words seem a tad bit chopped up when you're reading this on your phone. I'll come back and edit this soon! also apologies to the along waited chapter. i've been quite busy with school and such. vote and comment! i'd highly appreicate it!