Prologue

~ edited ~

My head hurts.  Where the heck am I?  And why are people dressed like this?  I feel so out of place with my gray cardigan, white shirt and jeans.  Everyone here seems to dress all medieval like.  What the heck?

“Umm hi… Where am I?”

“We’re at Mystic Falls” girl with a blond hair and thick British accent said.

“Um this doesn’t look like Mystic Falls.  Where are the houses the buildings? Where’s the grill?” I asked looking a confused.

“What’s the grill?” the girl asked.

By the look on her face, she obviously doesn’t know what I’m talking about. 

“Actually, nevermind.  I’m Gilian by the way. What’s your name?” I casually asked. 

“Hello Gilian, my name’s Rebekah.  By the way you are dressed, you are not from here,” she stated.

“Ya… about that…. I’m probably from a different time zone too,” I said making her giggle.

“Well Gilian, I shall give you a change of clothes before anyone else notices you.”

“Oh right! Thank you!”

We went inside a tiny house, and she starts looking for something in one of the trunks.

“Here try this on.  Hopefully it fits you, and if not we can ask my mother for help,” she said while handing me a dress, “what’s wrong? Why are you just standing there?”

“Oh sorry, but I don’t know where to change,” I said guiltily. 

“Sorry, here you can use this room,” showing me one of the rooms.

I nod at her gratefully as I went inside the room.  This room is small but very cozy.  There are two beds on each side of the room and it seems like someone sleeps on the floor too.  I started changing into the dark gray dress Rebekah gave me.  Weirdly enough, it somehow fits me.  Thank god we’re basically the same size.  I let down my hair from my ponytail so I won’t look too out of place.

“Hey Rebekah, do I look like I’m from here now?” I asked coming out of the room and noticed that there were three other people in the room with her.  As I always do I stood there awkwardly, while the three men were looking at me.

“Yes you do.  Gilian, these are my older brothers: Elijah, Niklaus, and Kol,” she said pointing at each of them.

“Hi there,” waving awkwardly to them.  I think I look really stupid right now, because the two named Niklaus and Kol smirked at me.

“Have you told Mother or Father about her?” the one named Elijah asked.

“Not yet, she just arrived,” Rebekah answered.  Right after she replied the door opened and a young boy, a man, and a woman came in.

“Mother!” Elijah, Niklaus, Kol and Rebekah exclaimed in unison.

“Children,” she said to them and then taking notice of me, “hello, my name’s Esther.”

“uh… hi. I’m Gilian,” as I nodded to her.

***

“Rebekah! Can we pick some of these flowers?” I asked her looking at the beautiful flowers at the foot of this big white oak tree.  I think I’ve been here for at least a week now, and the Mikaelson’s welcomed me with no hesitation apart from their dad, but Esther was able to persuade him.  If this is a dream, it feels so real and a person can’t be in the same dream for this long, can they?  I saw Kol helping out with Mikael and we saw me staring he gave me one of his cheeky grins and winked at me.  Okay, I’ve been crushing on this brother since I first laid eyes on him, but who wouldn’t right?  And maybe, we might have gone out on dates or whatever they call it during this time period.  Someone’s shouting pulled me out of my thoughts as Rebekah and I finished picking some of the flowers and were heading back to their house, and saw Niklaus holding a dead Henrik in his arms. 

***

I was just having my nightly walk, yes I like walking when it’s dark out, when I noticed that the big white oak tree was being burned down.  I ran towards Rebekah in a panic.

“Rebekah! What’s going on? Why are you guys burning down the tree?”

“We have to, Gilian.  The wood from this tree is the only one that can kill us.”

I understood what she meant, because what’s the point of being an immortal if there’s a way to kill you.  I stood between Rebekah and Kol as we watched the tree burn.  This little stunt made everyone in town panic and I can see all the Mikaelsons eyes change, as they can no longer control their bloodlust.  Since I was living with them, I know what happens when they’re around a lot of humans, and I start hiding until they can control it again.  I was too late this time that before I can walk away Kol was holding onto me.  I can see in his eyes that he was internally struggling, because he knows he can easily kill me.  He told me once after their mother turned them into vampires that he’ll never forgive himself if he kills me.  Now, we’re here with him holding onto me with those bloodthirsty eyes, I knew what I have to do.

“Everything will be okay, I promise.  This is who you are now, and it’ll be selfish of me to try and change you.  I want you to survive.  I was not supposed to be here in the first place.  Go on ahead.  I trust you, always.”

He then sank his teeth on my neck and started drinking.  As I was drifting off to unconsciousness, I heard someone yell “KOL NO!!”

I shot up and as my eyes start to adjust from the dark, and realized I was back in my room.  I was dreaming, and that was one intense dreams because who sweats and pants when they wake up?  That was one weird dream.   I have so much in my mind that I can’t even go back to sleep, and it’s just 6AM! Since I have nothing else to do, I should just get ready for school.  Lack of sleep, school, and basketball practice… I internally groan noticing the long day ahead of me.

*A/N:

okay so I don't know how that went hahaha 

What do you guys think?  I kinda rushed the dream sequence a bit so it doesn't feel like I'm dragging on, and it is a dream so it went by faster.  It'll be nice to have some of your opinion!

so please don't hesitate to comment!

Also please vote so I know that people are interested, and don't forget to share! :)

THANKS FOR READING!!