5: The Original Hybrid

“So who else knows about vampires and werewolves?” Gena asked Damon who was waiting outside with Stefan.

“There’s Ric, Bonnie, Forbes, Lockwoods, Gilberts except for Jenna, and I think that’s about it,” Damon said making a list, “oh! Let’s not forget the other members of the Founding families.”

“Wait, why are you guys outside anyways?” I asked.

“We’re naming the house to Elena, so that she gets to choose who can come in and who can’t,” Stefan explained.

“Oh I see, but humans can still go in though.”

“Yes, but Damon and I will be there to protect her.”

“Aight, whatever you say.”

We waited for at least five more minutes until the door opened, a man coming out followed by Elena.

“Thank you, Mr. Henry,” Elena said shaking the man’s hand and him giving her a nod.

“So what are we gonna talk about?” I asked eagerly.

It took us about a second to realize that the Salvatores can’t enter the house.

“I’m sorry.  I completely forgot,” Elena said, “Stefan.  Would you like to come inside my house?”

“I would love to. Thank you,” Stefan said before entering.  Then Elena turned to Damon giving him a look and started chuckling.

“What are we, 12?” Damon asked annoyed.

“One of us is,” Elena retorted.

“Elena, just let him in,” I said annoyed at the both of them.

“You can come in Damon,” Elena said with a hint of regret in her voice.

When Damon finally can get in the house, Gena and I went straight to the couch and start taking out the food in my backpack (yes, I carry food everywhere I go).

“So, what are we here for?” I asked shoving some chips in my mouth.

“Yeah, why did you call us to come here?” Gena added.

“Oh hey Bonnie!” I said as she came out of the hallway giving Elena her bag.

“Hey girls!” Bonnie said giving us a wave, “do you want to ride with us?”

“Uh… yeah sure!” Gena said jumping up and walking towards the door with me behind her.

“Wait, where are you going?” Stefan asked looking surprised.

“To school,” Elena said nonchalantly putting on her jacket.

“Huh?”

“No, no, no,” Damon said walking up to us, “we didn’t create a safe house for you to leave it.”

“Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there,” Stefan said agreeing with his brother, “we know that.”

“Right,” Elena started, “but where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing.  And I’ll be able to sleep at night knowing that I’ll be safe here, but I’m not going to be a prisoner.”

“She has a point you know…” I interjected.

Gena, Bonnie and Elena gave me approving looks.

“Your way, Elena,” Damon said with a sarcastic tone.

“Don’t worry, I’m ready,” Bonnie said, “if he shows his face, I can take him.  I know how.”

“The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be,” Elena said, “come on.”