Keeping of Thorne

The air quickly rushed past my hair. Intense emotions ran deep and the fun seemed to never end. In all my life have I never felt so fulfilled. I've been alive for five hunted and sixteen years protecting and guarding. This was the moment I was waiting for.

Demetrius hung onto my arms as we swayed threw the night. His laughter filled me with happiness of a child's joy.

Ducking and diving I swooped under water and above the trees... going as high as the mountains. The stars never ceased to be prettier, the wind never warmer, and my thoughts never clearer. I loosely let him go just to see his smile and laughter.

A cleared field of poppies showed. The field was lined with neon trees and a few forest faes. I purposely made us tumble over just so I could land under him.

He smelled like fresh autumn air and mint. His voice sent a chill up my spine. Demetrius put his hands around my thighs. They made their up under my dress and over my hips. I pulled them out and waved a naughty finger at him.

"I'm happy you choice to stay. I was rather fond of you."

"What about now?"

"I'm still rather fond of you."

He pulled me up for a kiss, and then another, then he made his way to my shoulders...

"How about now?"

I laughed and pushed him off me. He flipped over and smiled. He grabbed me and pulled me close. Together we gazed up at the stars. A few flutters of Fae flew past.

"So... when do I get a tour of this place..."

"Well. Actually hardly any villages inhabit this world. It's just filled with creatures. And anything that lives here must be spiritual."

"But I'm not."

"And that's a problem that me and Marcelene are trying to solve. Humans can't live here unless they're spiritual beings... like a vampire, mermaid, werewolf, angel... You know?"

"The freaky stuff?"

"Actually no angels exist in Celestium and demons exists in Purgatory."

"Okay so what exactly do I have to do to stay here?"

"Become... A spiritual being, well you can't do that you have to be blood of a spirit. That's why Marcelene and I planned a counsel meeting with The Great Balancer."

"Who's that?"

"Hes a keeper... every realm has someone who watches over it and decides who stays and who goes. We'll have to meet with him."

"When?"

"As soon as possible or you'll die of spiritual lacking."

Demetrius smiled and nodded. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I was glad to not talk about it anymore.