Chapter 4

(A/N: Guess who has Wi-Fi!!! I wrote this in front of my family, saying it was homework... No regrets!! >:D)

'This was the best time of day. So early in the morning that the sun, coloured the clouds with warm colours. The wet dew from the night rain was firmly laying on the leaves of the tree. You could smell the wetness on the grass and hear the small cities noise. 'I miss my former home. A small cabin in the southern Ireland. Sometimes I wonder what I would have done if I had gone to school and got a degree and actually went to college. I know I want to take the hotel management career. And save everybody... a bit naïve maybe.'

I pulled out the grocery list. 'All the normal stuff, eggs, milk, bread... just in a bigger amount.' I kept walking from the driveway of the mansion till I could see the buildings in the far. 'I'm finally going grocery shopping. I had done it before in my life. But this Alpha's household has held me from it, of course of my nervosity for strangers. Especially cashiers. When I reach it was the road filled with busy cars and the street filled with even busier people, trying to get to work. 'I never set foot outside of the small mansion. Never in the city.'

I stopped when I got to the edge of the road. Cars moving fastly giving me a hard time focusing on where to get over. Where the mansion was placed was a bit further away from the never sleeping city: L.A. The road was so stuffed that there wasn't even time to think where to set foot. I started walking in the other direction away from the fast moving cars. I didn't know where to cross, I couldn't just stop all the traffic. The deadline was before twelve o'clock, so I had to hurry. My jumpy happiness from before was all gone. Now I just had to look for a pass over.

After a good hour of waiting for the slightest gap to run over, I gave up. My patience was slipping up and I was starting panicking. I sat heavily down on a bench, and I let the taller buildings stay on the other side of the road. If I didn't fastly come up with an idea, I would have to go home to the Delta and face my embarrassing. I knew I couldn't do it. 'I couldn't even make it to the grocery store', I sighed and rested my head in my hands. The grocery store was another five hundred feets away from where I stood. 

The wind had gotten slightly colder, so it wasn't hard for it to creep under my -used- maid uniform. 'It wasn't unusual for Omegas to wear it. Actually, it was getting more and more normal. Some Alphas, Betas or Deltas would even go as far, as setting Omegas in leash. Brutal and kinda perverted. But you would get used to perverted and sex addicted elder men.' I let the grocery list slip out of my cold hand's grip and fly away in the wind.

I was close to tears when a loud brake whined and an engine stopped. I looked up and saw a red truck's door open in a shift motions and a classy dressed man stepped out. He was rather tall and had lazily swung a black leather jacket over his muscular shoulder. He started running away from my his car and disappeared behind a tree. I looked back down at my hands and let a tear fall from my cheek. The bright sun had gotten higher on the sky and its warm light was lighting my wet chin up. 

As fast as the sun came, it disappeared and a dark shadow was covering over me. I snorted and whipped away my visible tears and looked back up. The truck man was standing over me. It scared the living hell out of me, so I shock went through my body. I opened my mouth in defence. Nothing came out. My heart stopped and my words got caught in my mouth. It was suddenly getting a lot warmer. I released I starting sweating. 'What if he starts talking to me?? Should I say something? Maybe ask if I can help him, or is it rude to ask a stranger?'
While I was sitting on the bench fighting my own words, the man took a piece of paper out of his pocket and started scanning it over. 

"So," the man said in a voice that made me tremble. In a bad way. "You're going grocery shopping?" I looked so confused, 'how would he know?' I thought. Apparently, he read my expression and answered: "Your list. You let go of it," he said, turning the paper around and showing it to me,"you know the grocery shop isn't another five hundred feets from here." He took off his sun glasses and put them on his hem of the shirt.

Some green, stern eyes looked down on me. I shook in fear again, 'the man was starting scaring me. But he kinda got out of the truck and ran after my grocery list. So, I guess that was nice?' "Yeah... I know," trembling from trying not to come out rude, "I'm' about to go shopping... but, um, I c-can't really get over the road. Too many cars" I ended in a near whisper. My eyes starring fast at my feets. I was nuzzling with my hands, getting it to calm myself a bit. "Hey," the man said. I mostly wanted to end the conversation, so I could mentally prepare for my soon-to-come beating. 

"I could drive you over there." I widened my eyes and looked at him. His unfriendly face from before was cracking into a goofy smile. Out from his appearance he didn't look like the kind of guy, that would help. He let his large hands, through his wet - well-cut - black hair. I moved my stare away from him and looked blushing to the ground. 'He was a stranger. But he was nice...' my time was running up. I had to be home soon. I shot close my eyes and clenched my fists. All the bravery and extrovert-y I was planning on using on the cashier, got I together and shot it right at him: "Yes please!" I said, loudly. 'You're a big boy, Sean! You can do it!!' A caress, rough hand brushed over my chin, calming me. "Then hop in, little greeny," he said and handed me the list.

Surprised by my nickname, I blushed red. "T-thank you..."