Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

I wanted to run. Anywhere. Just run right away from Harry and whatever he was going to say or do. I had started to think I was looking forward to working with him, as partners, and become closer. Maybe even getting to know him. But after what he had said and done, I was more than justified to want to skip ahead to the end of summer. A place that would leave me and Harry separate. And away from annoying one another. There's a price for being wishful though, and that price was that I had to spend my whole summer with a boy who I wanted nothing to do with and wanted nothing to do with me.

"Sam."

"Sorry, I was just going back to the room I didn't mean to interrupt you..." I said trying not to cause a scene or anything or that manner.

"Sorry? What? You're insane."

"I know, sorry."

"You should have just seen your face back then, fucking classic. Are you scared of me? Is that why you tried to walk faster when you passed me?" Harry started to laugh but he would be scared of him too. If of course, he wasn't himself.

"What, no? I just wanted to get back to the room to catch up with friends and that." I sounded completely unconvincing. I couldn't even convince myself what I was saying was true.

"So you're scared of me. Sweet."

I started to walk away but he grabbed ahold of my arm and swivelled me back around on my feet.

"What's up?" I asked, desperately hoping he'd let go of me and leave me in peace.

"Huh? I'm fine?" Harry questioned. The effects if the alcohol and drugs were clearly taking over.

"Okay well, I best be off n-"

"No, stay" he almost whispered.

"Okay...."

"You shouldn't be walking around hotel halls on your own anyway. Did you know there were drunken, horny boys around in the rooms?" I saw a small smirk on his face before he took another drag.

"Does one of those boys include you?" I teased, giving myself satisfaction and smirking.

"Ouch. You think I'm....hor- drunken?"

"Well, that vodka bottle is a give away!" I laughed.

"I'm going to give this to Niall and Lilly. They're having a little one on one party." One of Harry's eyes slowly closed, giving me a wink.

"Ew, didn't need to know that." I looked at Harry in disapproval of what he had told me. Why would he even tell me like I cared?

HARRYS POV:

It was fucking hilarious winding her up. Something about it gave me a kind of thrill. The same way money gave me a thrill.

"It's funny though. At first, everyone thought they were just fucking about. But then Niall started blowing us all out for Lilly so we knew he liked her. No one blows off money for sex. Not even me."

"You're disgusting," she whispered and looked away from me in disgust.

I lifted her chin up in my hand and looked her in the eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh, stop taking the piss all the time Harry. It's getting annoying now." She was very cautious with her words as if she was trying not to say the wrong thing to get me to flip. Fuck did she make me flip though. The way she would look all cute and beautiful, but then say the weirdest or most annoying shit in the fucking world. What's weird is that what she was saying wasn't annoying, and what I was finding annoying was the fact that I didn't find it annoying. I was growing to like her. More than I should. I had to keep it professional. But there's friends in businesses, right?