Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

I don't know why but I never mentioned this before because I never thought it was relevant to anything. But after Harry walked through the door, the 'surprise' in his hands, I knew that I'd have to tell.

When me and Harry went suit shopping before in order to get me looking suitable for the job, we walked past several shops and I couldn't help but glance in the window. After every shop we walked past, I had seen something that I liked and wanted to buy and every time I pointed it out, Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the shops saying that we didn't have time or something. Of course it annoyed me, but it was something I got over very quickly. It was when we walked past the Disney Store that had just opened and I saw a Little Mermaid ornament set that had Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, Flounder, that evil bitch I can never remember the name of, and all of the other characters in the film. Each little piece had been handmade and painted to perfection, not missing a single detail of character. The waves in Ariel's hair had been defined, the veins in Eric's hands were popping out ever so slightly, and even Sebastian's claws had that familiar texture to them. I fell completely in love with it and I tried desperately to get Harry to see how perfect it was for me and I managed to get through to him. I walked into the shop and he slowly lingered behind as if he had been forced to go inside. After looking at the price tag I knew there was no chance that I'd ever be able to afford it. Not a single chance in hell. As we walked out of the shop, I dramatically sighed and put hands and to the window and stared hopelessly at the ornaments. Harry was resisting, but eventually gave in and laughed at me before slowly edging me away from the shop.

"Another time," he assured me as we walked further and further away from the shop.

So when Harry walked through the door, alongside the others, each one with a different ornament in I couldn't bare it. There they were, holding exactly what I had wanted. God knows how they found them there. They couldn't have spent the whole day looking around for them, could they?

"Surprise!" Harry yelled after I didn't say anything for a while.

"How did you find these here, I thought they were original to this shop?" I asked, scooting off the bed and walking closer to Harry who looked nervous.

"Well, let's just say we had a little run down with the manager of the stores," Harry smirked and handing met the Ariel ornament. "I don't know where you'll keep these right now but when you get home you can put them in your room or something."

"I can't thank you enough, this is perfect" I hummed, running my thumb over Ariel's face and looking at her in compete admiration. "Look at how well they are painted!"

The rest of the boys laughed and handed them over to me one by one and the more I got the bigger my smile had grown. I rested each one of the bed carefully before running my eyes slowly over my collection. They were so perfect. Every single one of them. Even the evil bitch who makes and breaks Ariel's happiness. Huh, weird how the same person who makes you happy can make you sad too.

"We just wanted to say thank you for doing this, even though Harry practically forced you to. We know it was really fucking weird and out of the blue and everything and we ended up getting you run over which we all felt really shit about, but were all really glad you decided to stay, for whatever reason," Niall spoke. "At first a few of us didn't like you but you've really won us over. Hope after this you don't leave and you continue to do fine, really legal, business with us"

I laughed at this point because he called it "legal" and so did a few others. This was so unexpected, a little bit cringey, but at least they had given me recognition for the hard work and sacrifices I made for this 'job'. It's weird to think that I would've been at home, probably reading or sleeping if I hadn't have chosen to go with them. The decision wasn't actually made final until my mum pushed me over the edge the last few months I was at school. She kept moaning at me and bringing up my dad so I decided enough was enough. Any excuse to leave home was a way to get out of the shit hole. I wasn't going to come along, but I was always glad that I did.