The Empathy Link (Part One)

THIS IS JUST TOO CUTE I HAD TO WRITE A ONE SHOT

WPOV

Nico was having another nightmare again. He was only on his second day in the infirmary, but every time he went to sleep he had nightmares. He wouldn't tell me what they're about. I guessed either Tartarus or Bianca, but at this point I couldn't be sure. He was always pushing himself past his limits and it usually ended up being scarring.

I pulled him close to me and whispered condolences in his ear. His eyes shot open. "S-Sorry..." He stuttered.

"It's alright. Are you alright?"

He took a shaky breath. "I'm fine."

I sighed. "You know, Nico, you're gonna have to start telling me the truth eventually."

"I did tell you the truth..."

"Then how come you'll most likely have another nightmare the next time you sleep?"

"I... I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Nico. But you aren't fine."

He sighed. "Whatever."

•••••••••••••••••

"Lou Ellen, can you set up empathy links?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I want to set one up with Nico."

"Why? Can't you just talk to him?"

"I want to know what his nightmares are about. It'll help me comfort him better."

"Yeah, I can set one up. But you'll have to be in the same room for me to set it up, because I don't have the same powers as a Satyr."

"Thanks, Lou. Now I'll just have to ask Nico about it. I want to make sure he's okay with it."

She smiled. "Good luck."

"I might need it." I muttered. Then I jogged to the infirmary to talk to him.

He was staring at the ceiling, obviously bored.

I sat down on the bed, and he looked at me. "Yes?"

I took a deep breath, expecting him to immediately say he didn't want one. "I want to get an empathy link with you."

"What? Will, why would you want to do that?"

"I want to be able to see what you see in your nightmares."

"Will, that's insane! Why would you do that?!"

"Because I think it'll help me comfort you."

"Will, if you do this then it'll be like you're experiencing it too."

"I know. I really want to do this, Nico."

He pursed his lips. "I don't know..."

"Please?"