No Words Needed

I twirled around in the sand, loving the warm feel of it between my toes. As I span, the skirt of my white dress floated softly in the gentle breeze. The sun shone onto my tanned face and I let out a satisfied sigh. Opening my eyes, I turned to where Charlie lay on a towel, watching me with a look of adoration.

‘Are you not dizzy, Loopy Lou?’ He called me by another of his nicknames.

‘Nope!’ I declared joyfully, continuing to spin faster and faster, taking in the freedom of the holidays.

Before I could stop myself, gravity switched into action, dragging me further and further towards the grainy brown sand at my feet. With a smack I landed on top of Charlie who groaned in pain.

‘I told you so,’ He wheezed, pushing me softly off him.

‘Oops, did I hurt you?’ I teased, prodding him in his perfectly toned stomach muscles.

Charlie reached out and gathered me into his arms, holding me close. He planted a kiss upon my cheek and smiled, ‘I’m not sure you could ever manage that.’

Ahead, my parents were frolicking in the cold ocean, splashing each other and shivering as the blue liquid dripped off their glowing skin. It was the best summer I could remember, and we were in the South of France on a gorgeous beach.

Keeping one eye on my parents, Charlie turned to me, ‘I hope we’re like that after twenty years of marriage,’

Without a word, I nestled closer to him and placed my head upon his shoulder. He already knew that I felt the same way.