Soulmate AU pt. 2

wOoOoOoO i got a good twist up ahead for y'all!!

Kat and I stood in front of the closet wearily. We'd each heard rumors on our respective bus seats of the crazy Victorian-style dresses we'd all be required to wear. "You wanna open it?" she asked, motioning to the door of the walk-in closet.

"Nah, you get the honors," I said anxiously.

"Hey, it's fine, you'll probably rock the hell out of whatever we have to wear, you're gorgeous, girl!" I smiled genuinely, while she opened the ominous doors. The room beyond was huge for a closet, rows of dresses and skirts and -cringe- corsets.

"Well this sucks." Kat shook her head.

"You know what we should do?"

Kat didn't turn around from where she was shuffling through the throngs of heavy dresses. "Hm?"

"How do you think the guys will react to two seventeen year old girls in crazily fancy-ass dresses?" I asked mischievously.

Kat turned around with excitement woven on her face. "Let's do it!"

"Okay," I chuckled. "Do you know how to put on a corset? Maybe we can squeeze me so much it'll look like I actually have curves!"

Kat laughed. "You're okay with me seeing you basically nude? Because it's an at-least two person job, putting on a corset."

I shrugged. "Yeah it's cool."

In about twenty minutes we both had on corsets and the frilly pants that were usually worn under skirts, apparently. "Like we just walk out in this get-up," Kat laughed.

I grinned. "These corsets are crazy-tight. Hopefully the dresses will cover... at least a little more."

We shimmied into the biggest dresses we could find and smiled at each other. Kat looked beautiful, and I told her so.

"Aw, Luce, that's all you!! That dress really does give you some actual curves!"

"Thanks," I laughed, accepting the complement for once. "Ready?"

"You know it." Kat looked a little nervous. We stepped out of the room to find Anthony and Quill sitting on the velvety couch idly.

"Hey, Anthony." I winked and curtsied dramatically. His eyes widened and his face glowed a shade of red I'd never seen on him.

"H-Hi Lucy."

Quill slugged him on the shoulder. "Hey man, that's your soulmate!"

Anthony punched him back. "Hey man, look at Kat! She's yours, mate."

"Wait what?" Kat looked confused and giddy all at once.

Anthony stood up and shuffled towards me. "Can I see your wrists..?"

I showed him. "I don't think I'm your biggest enemy, to be honest with you."

He laughed, showing me his wrists. Me and Quill. "Yeah, and I'm pretty sure it's not Quill. I'd probably know by now if I was bi, right?"

I laughed. "Let's hope so!"

YAYYYY so it is short (kinda) but that's okay. wooo wooo! also, some shameless self promo haha. if you haven't already checked out my non-fanfic story, it's called new york, darlin' and there's about 8 parts to it. i'm v v proud so plz enjoy!