Chapter 8: You Can Call Me Doctor

Aphelion was about to land inside the Pheonix. They were about to introduce Talwyn to the rest of the Q-Force. Clank was very exited, but Ratchet really felt like nothing has changed and that it's like he didn't really miss Talwyn all that much and is just glad the group escaped from Vorselon.

"Welcome, Talwyn Apogee to the Q-Force! Our mission now is to stop Dr Nefarious from taking over the universe! Me, Ratchet and Clank have vanquished Nefarious several times. But, like a rash on the universe's backside, he has flared up again!" Said Qwark.

"Whoah, Deja Vu!" Said Ratchet.

"Perhaps we should go see the Doctor about seeing Azimuth." Suggested Clank.

"Very, well then. I will escort the lovely lady to the Q-Force council!" Said Qwark.

"Hey, back off Qwark!" Ratchet said harmlessly.

"Don't worry, Ratchet. I'm not leaving you. And also, I'm way out of his league." Said Talwyn. Ratchet and Clank went to the lower decks of the Pheonix to find the room that had Alexander's stuff moved into. They entered into the room.

"Hey, Alex. We were just thinki-"

"That is Doctor Aronis to you." Said Alexander as he cut off Ratchet.

"Yeah, whatever. We were just thinki-."

"Ratchet! I never wanted to help you!" Said Alex.

"What?" Said Ratchet. "I thought that you came here to help me get with the Lombaxes again." Said Ratchet.

"No." Said Alex. "I came to see Azimuth again. I thought that that was the present Azimuth telling me to stay. Until, I saw him disappear in a matter of seconds. So, I went on a journey to find where he hid. I searched all over the Holo-Net, it wasn't on the first page. So I began searching the places in Polaris where a Lombax would hide out. Then, I finally found it. Torren IV, Monoloth Fields.! Then, I found Volgrum Pass, where the Vullards say that an exile dwells there. I rushed into Volgrum Pass, but I saw two identical ships leaving the planet. With my luck, I assumed it was him, but I was too late." Explained Alex. "But, when I heard that the Time Keeper was saved and Azimuth sacrificed his life for it, I knew it was my cue to find you and show you my work. Th pirates found you by reading President Qwark's blog." Explained Alex.

"Why did you want to save Azimuth so much? Didn't you say that you were separated at birth and never met?" Asked Ratchet.

"It's not that we never met. It's just that, our parents were really expecting one child. We were actually twins if you can believe it. But, when I was born right after Azimuth, they got scared and set me up for adoption. I didn't know that I had a brother until I was sixteen. The other students were comparing who could beat up who. And I was the nerd and Azimuth was practically a giant for his age. So people noticed how similar we look. And I took a DNA test, and I found at RealFamily.com that he actually was my twin brother. I then became a scientist at age. I built the Lombax weapons and defenses. After we vanquished the Cragmites, one survived and came and surprised us with new technology ideas. We all had a feeling in our gut that we shouldn't trust him. But, Azimuth granted him access to our technology. After thinking about it, I realized that this was a good thing. But, after that I helped Tachyon build the armada. I helped him understand everything. When he told me what he was about to do, I saw the opportunity to get back at Azimuth for overshadowing me and everything he took from me. I never told anyone that I helped Tachyon. I blamed Azimuth for granting access to Tachyon to our technology. But then, they said they will all leave in the dimensionator. I felt bad. I lived on the other side of the city when Tachyon attacked. So I had time to reflect on what I had done. Then, I was about to leave into the portal when future Azimuth came and warned me. I knew there was no way off the planet, but I listened to him." Explained Alexander.

"Why did you?" Asked Ratchet.

"After all he took from me and all I gave to him, I wanted to redeem myself to him. I came to research and invent these cloning devices. But, seeing how hard you and your friends work, Ratchet, I see know that it isn't so hard to help another Lombax out by helping him get his family back." Said Alex.

"Thank you, Alex." Said Ratchet.

"I think you mean, 'Thank you, Doctor.'" Said Alex.

"Right. So, why did Azimuth never tell me about you? That must've created a temporal time loop and know that you were alive during that time?" Asked Ratchet.

"That, you'll have to ask him yourself." Said Alex.

"We better get going, then." Said Clank.

"Welcome back Clank! Where have you been?" Said Ratchet sarcastically as they walked off. Alex smiled at them, followed by a sad expression.