Chapter 12: Meanwhile

Alister Azimuth was flying through the Breegus System in Polaris. Why did I do that? He thought to himself. He can not believe that he killed his own brother in front of Ratchet and Clank in the hands of the Galactic Rangers. His reaction to running away from the Galactic Rangers, was to find his only daughter. At least, he thought it was his only daughter. Lyra Azimuth. According to local news, Lyra was las spotted evading some Agorians in the Korthos Sector. But, when Azimuth arrived in the Korthos Sector, he saw the Agorians relaxing in their little part of the Sector. Azimuth turned on the communicator screen.

"Hello? Any Agorians online?" Asked Azimuth. An Agorians face popped on the screen.

"Guys! We gotta split! Nefarious's ships found us!" Said the Agorian.

"I do not work for Nefarious." Stated Azimuth. "This is the Lombax rebel, Alister Azimuth."

"So, your not gonna pick a fight with us?" Asked the Agorian.

"No, sir. I did not come to look for trouble. I wanted to know what you did with that rebel, Lyra Azimuth." Said Alister.

"Oh, that news story? That was bogus! We weren't chasing her down! She was leading us on an assault on Dr Nefarious's Outpost on Zanifar. The Fongoids were willing to give us more information about vulnerable Dr Nefarious targets. Us Agorians and that Lombax have been attacking Nefarious's bases for over a year now." Said the Agorian.

"And, where is she?" Asked Azimuth.

"She's on Zanifar attempting to take down the outpost by herself." Said the Agorian.

"And why aren't you guys with her now?" Asked Azimuth.

"Well, uh... We ran away to evade Dr Nefarious's ships. She is a really good pilot." Said the Agorian.

"Thank you. She is my daughter. I'm going to go get her. I might take her away for a while if that's okay with you guys." Said Azimuth.

"You don't have to tell me twice. I don't even have to ask the other guys. We've been trying to get our heads out of the war for quite some time. She convinced us to keep pressing our attacks. See you later, Lombax!" Said the Agorian. Azimuth turned around his Rent-a-Lombax-Compatible-Star Cruiser around to go to Zanifar. He was a little happy that he got to see his daughter again. Suspiciously, he didn't encounter any resistance from the atmosphere entrance to the landing. Azimuth infiltrated one of the non-main buildings that was low-secured. There was a door that lead to the inside of the Outpost. There was a dark silhouette standing by the door with a Combustor. Azimuth grabbed his Pratorian Wrench, put it at the ready, and ran for the figure. He put his wrench around its neck.

"Oh my god! Let go of me!" She yelled.

Azimuth noticed that the figure was easier to see up close. And also, that it was a young female Lombax.

"Sorry. I have a tendency to falsely almost kill someone who is important." Said Azimuth. He let the wrench go.

"Dad! You're alive!" Lyra yelled.

"Hi, Lyra." Said Azimuth.

"Woah. That was kind of deep. You never call me by my name unless I got in trouble." Said Lyra.

"There's something I need to tell you, Lyra. I'm not really your father." Said Azimuth. Lyra let go of her hug on Azimuth.

"Then... Who are you?" Asked Lyra.

"I am a clone." Said Azimuth.

"That's close enough for me." Said Lyra. "What drove you into finding me?"

"I have made a horrible mistake. There was something wrong with my cloning process. I have more brain nerves that any my size life form has. When I get angry, even a slight bit ticked off, then I get mindlessly violent. I never told you this, but you have another uncle. We are actually twins. We got separated at birth. His name is Alexander Aronis. He and Ratchet were building another dimensionator and attempting to make it so that more than just Lombaxes can enter the Lombax dimension. But, I found out they were procrastinating its creation by trying to stop Nefarious. And I... Killed him." Explained Azimuth.

"It's okay, dad. This isn't your fault. I'm gonna kill Ratchet." Said Lyra.

"No no. That won't be necessary." Said Azimuth.

"Why not?" Asked Lyra.

"Because, Ratchet did not kill me. I died in an explosion." Said Azimuth.

"Oh. Well, okay. But what do we do now?" Said Lyra.

"I cannot return to them again. They will most likely kill me or turn me in. Lyra, I need you to travel to the Bogon Galaxy, and head to planet Endako. There is a green starship in orbit there. There, lives Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark, and the Q-Force. They are teaming up with the Polaris Defense Force and the Galactic Rangers. I need you to join the Q-Force, and help them defeat Dr Nefarious so we can go to the Lombax dimension. I will travel to the Burnellilius Sector and exile on Vapedia. Report to me when you can." Said Azimuth.

"Hey, um... Dad?" Asked Lyra.

"Yes, Lyra?" Said Azimuth.

"We have an epic battle to attend to." Said Lyra.

"Oh, yeah right. We were in the moment. Forgot why we were here."