Chapter 1

Disclaimer: This is a fanfiction based from the anime, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, thus, I do not own the characters. Credits to the rightful owner.

Takao, a heavy cruiser who was once a member of the Fleet of Fog, is with her ship's captain, Gunzou Chihaya. They're currently at Japanese Maritime Institute of Technology.

"Gunzou, why are we here again?" Takao complains. "Why don't we just go on a date? School is a boring place."

"Don't say such thing, Takao," Gunzou replies. "The way you're acting is human-like but it isn't good."

Takao pouted since she couldn't convince the guy to date her. While whining, Kirishima and Haruna came. These two were defeated by Takao but they decided to join her fleet and help her in her missions with Gunzou. Despite being defeated, they still have their battleships which they use to aid Takao.

"Takao, why are you whining early in the morning?" Kirishima asks as they sit beside her. Haruna can easily read Takao since she's so obvious about her romantic feelings towards her captain.

"It's because Gunzou has been coming here like everyday and he won't even go out on a date with me," replies the blue-haired girl. "And it's been a year since we sailed out on the sea."

The three stares at Gunzou who is currently having a discussion with his groupmates about school matters on the next table. He looks serious just like he usually does.

"But aren't you lucky enough to be treasured by him?" Kirishima asks. "He is worried about you so he has to let you recover fully for a year after fighting I-401."

"I know but he never took me out on a date," Takao whines. "We've been together for like two years and yet he never falls for me. I am beautiful and I have a nice body which every guy falls for but he just don't look at me."

"That's what they call one-sided love," says Haruna. Takao glares at her.

"One-sided love?" asks Kirishima.

"It's the kind of love wherein only one person is in love but the other person involve doesn't reciprocate the other's feelings," Haruna explains.

"It's not one-sided!!" Takao exclaims. "He's just being shy!"

With her sudden outburst, everyone's attention is focused on them. Takao met Gunzou's gaze so she immediately looks away with a blushing face.

"When did Gunzou ever feel shy?" Kirishima says. "I think he isn't attracted to you. Not even a little. Every guy may fall for your face and body but he seems to be an exception."

Takao didn't say anything else since she knows that Gunzou isn't interested in love matters. She knew that no matter what she says, what Haruna said is true. It's only one-sided.

"Is it because I am not a real human so he couldn't fall in love with me?" Takao thought while staring at her captain. "If I were a human, would he like me?"

While waiting for Gunzou, the three ladies watch tv to entertain themselves. But upon seeing the news, they are shocked to see a familiar submarine, though it looks a little different.

"The west coast was attacked by a 'Fog' ship an hour ago. It was seen to be a 'Fog' submarine but when it has surfaced, it has turned into a battleship. This unknown 'Fog' had left upon turning the west coast into rubbles."

"That submarine," says Takao with shock. "It looks like I-401."

"It does but I-401 doesn't transform into a battleship," says Haruna. "Moreover, you have sunk her one year ago. You said that you've destroyed its core."