Chapter 2

"Hyuuga, would you explain as to why we couldn't detect Iona's presence even if she's just nearby?" asks Takao.

"That's what I'm worried about," replies Hyuuga. "I do not know as to how she could hide herself away from detection. And you said that she only hit you with one corrosive warhead torpedo. How could that happen when your ship has a strong wave-force armor?"

"Exactly, and what's more intriguing is that, I wasn't able to detect it as well until it had already hit my ship," says Takao.

"There's only one explanation for that," Hyuuga stated. "I-401 must have been created anew with more advance and stronger materials."

"If that is so, how about I-402?" Gunzou asks. "She is created after I-401 so she should've the same armaments or even better one than Iona. But she's just like you. It seems that I-401 isn't just like any other 'Fog' ship."

While having their discussion, a sudden bang startled everyone. The door suddenly flew out and an angry Kongou appears before them. They could feel her raging aura. She gave Takao a sharp glare which made Takao felt chills rund down her spine.

"Is it true, Takao?" she asks with a smile which even made the blue-haired girl scared.

"What is?" Takao asks with nervousness.

"That you have been defeated by a mere submarine!!" Kongou exclaimed. "After defeating a flagship like me, you were defeated by a submarine. Just how humiliating that is?!!!!"

Takao wants to explain the truth but her tongue backed out since she's afraid that Kongou might really kill her if she says one wrong word. Kongou felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Kongou, I was only joking about Takao being defeated," Hyuuga says with a playful smile. "You really believed me."

Without a word said from her mouth, Kongou sent Hyuuga flying in midair. She calms herself down and takes her seat.

"So, for what reason did you make me hurry to come here," Kongou said. "Takao, stop being a coward and face me properly."

Takao sits properly instead of hiding on Gunzou's back. She clears her throat before answering her.

"I-401 has come back," she started. "She destroyed the west coast and claimed that she will also destroy humanity as well as the 'Fog' ships who have joined with humans."

"But you said that you destroyed her core long time ago," says Kongou.

"We did but I don't really know how she's still here," Takao replies.

"Is that so?" Kongou says.

"We called you here to ask if you know where the creator is," Kirishima stated. "We would like to have a talk with him."

"If you're planning for negotiations, it won't work," Kongou replies. "And about I-401, even if you destroy her over and over again, she will be revived over and over again. She has been made anew countless times."

"What do you mean?" Gunzou asks.

"Iona is the creator's favorite. I don't know why but he always has her at his side," replies Kongou. "The creator won't let the real body of Iona to leave his side."

"What about the Iona we met earlier?" Takao asked.

"She may be the original Iona, not a clone, though, I do not know why she has been able to sail out," replies the former flagship. "She has never been set out in the open alone before. And the I-401 you defeated a year ago was the perfect clone of Iona."

"So, you mean that the real I-401 is that dangerous ship we encountered back there?" Gunzou says. Kongou simply nods in response.

"We're at a great disadvantage," says Hyuuga. "Despite being outnumbered by us, Iona has more powerful weapons. Plus, her clones are as strong as Takao before Gunzou became her captain."