Chapter 10

Kotono Amaha was once Gunzou's love interest back then until she lost her life. But now, Yamato is standing before the captain, looking like the exact copy of Kotono.

"Kotono Amaha?" Yamato repeated,"Whoever that is, I have no interest in knowing her."

Yamato scanned the vicinity and saw how the merciless fire devour the coasts. With her ship, she released a huge amount of sea water, killing the fire.

"Iona is no longer here, we better retreat and help the others," Yamato said as she leaves Takao's ship.

Gunzou is still on a trance until Takao held his hand and said, "Let's go back."

The brown-haired guy stares at Yamato's ship as he nods in response.

While Takao's group are fighting against Iona's fleet and clones, Iona is currently with her father.

"The fleets has successfully destroyed all your clones," the creator said as he watches the battle on the screens.

"I-402 is here," the twin sister of Iona came. "I retreated for I am too damaged to fight."

Iona came running towards her and hugged her, "Everything's alright. You no longer have to fight."

"I am glad you're becoming more human, Iona," her father remarked as he pats her head. "I-402, you stay here as I repair your ship."

The two watched their creator leave his laboratory until I-402 spoke, "Iona, you may be strong enough to destroy all of them but you'd become too weak after."

"I shall remain okay no matter what happens," Iona replied as she held her sister's hand.

"We may have destroyed I-401's clones but she managed to destroy the coasts, turning them into nothing but ashes," Yamato snarled as she watches the humans put end to the endless fire.

"The original Iona did not even show herself and it seems like I-402 is the only submarine she has on her side," Romuald commented.

"That may be true but her clones alone are strong enough to go against all of us," Yamato added. "Order all of the fleet to have their ships fixed as fast as possible. We do not know when will Iona strike once more so we have to be ready."

After such, there was once again peace. Iona has not made her move yet but with the facilities destroyed in Australia, there has been a great decrease of trade of weapons between the allied countries. Iona was able to destroy the main facility that produces the weapons for the Fogs, it's their disadvantage now.

"Takao and Kongou," Gunzou called out while they are gathered in the living room. "Let's sail out and head to Indonesia."

"For what reason?" Konguo asked.

"We have to capture Akashi," the captain replied, "She is the repair vessel of Iona. If we get her on our side, Iona has no chance to recover after a fight."

"How'd you know that?" Takao asked.

"We headed there once when she held me captive," the brown-haired guy replied as he takes his exit. The two ladies followed through.

Iona left her father's territory and is headed to Indonesia, fulfilling her promise to Akashi on visiting her.
While seating on the bridge deck of her submarine, she heard the beeping sound of her radar. Upon setting her eyes on the radar, she clenched her fists upon seeing Takao and Konguo heading to Akashi's location.

"Max speed," she said as she heads to the two Fog ships' whereabout.

While being underneath the water, Iona released her two super graviton cannon towards the two ships to warn them of her presence. She slowly submerged and shows herself to them.

"She's here!" Kongou growled as she is forced to repel the cannon shot at her. The back of her ship's wave force armour is finally damaged for it has not been repaired by Hyuuga yet.

Takao and Gunzou show themselves as well, now face to face with I-401.

"I presume you three are headed to Akashi," Iona said. "I am sure you plan on taking her."

"She's mad," Takao said as they watch I-401 glow in blue.

"You're quite smart to know that," Gunzou replied. "If you are mad, then I dare you to destroy us."

Iona simply stared at them and a clone of hers appears beside her with the mark of 1 on her hand.

"A human like you deserves to die," Iona said with a lightning speed, her clone appeared before Takao and Gunzou.

The blue-haired girl was about to destroy the clone but she retreated when she held Gunzou and voluntarily jumped off her ship. Takao, desperate to take her captain back, jumped as well. Kongou released her super-graviton cannon towards Iona but she transformed back into a submarine and dodged her attack.

Gunzou struggled to swim to the surface but Iona's clone is dragging him deeper into the ocean. Takao swam faster but a strong force shot her back to the surface.

"Gunzou!!" Takao yelled so loud. She saw Kongou searching for Iona's location.

Underneath the water, Iona's clone managed to bring Gunzou inside the original Iona's submarine before she turned into seafoam.

"Troubles arise when you are with Takao so I shall keep you here," Iona said to the captain. "Here are some spare clothes for you."

Iona left him and heads to her bridge deck. She is now headed back to Akashi.

"Clone 2," Iona called out as another clone digitalized beside her submarine. "Drive those two away from the Indonesia seas."

"Roger," the clone replied as it goes back to the location of the two fog ships.

"What exactly are you up to?" Gunzou asked as he enters and sits down beside the white haired lady.

"I am fulfilling father's wishes before he leaves," Iona replied which kind of surprised the brown-haired man for he had not expected an answer from her.

"Leave? Where is he going after you are done with the missions?" Gunzou asked.

And once more, he is surprised as he watched Iona's eyes. She is actually shedding tears which is way too different from the other mental models.

"I got to know that his life is numbered," Iona replied before she wept. Her shoulders shivered as she cried.

"Is it possible that this girl is human?" Gunzou thought.

"It's surprising you are answering me," Gunzou remarked when Iona calmed down.

"I no longer have the plan to return you back to Takao," Iona replied as she goes at full speed. "You would only be able to return only after I have fulfilled my father's will."

Iona turned back to her old self, cold and emotionless. She won't be defeated because she is half-human and half-fog.

"Father, will Iona be alright?" I-402 asked as the creator repairs her vessel.

"She will be," the creator replied. "I successfully made the perfect heart for her that shall age as she grows up. Her once weak heart is replaced by a new one. A core of a fog is the rightful replacement of her weak heart."

"Does she know that you will soon leave?" I-402 asks further.

"No," the creator mused, "I haven't told her. After I die, she'll be able to live a normal life. That is the best thing that would happen."

I-402 smiled for her decision to support Iona is right. If they destroy the places that produces and creates Fog weapons, the war shall end. For only the creator is capable of ending the inventions he made that is dangerous to humanity if controlled by the wrong person.