Chapter 4

Gunzou wakes up from his slumber and didn't see Iona around. He knocks on her cabin but no answer came from her. Gunzou goes in the wardroom and sees a door which he knew he didn't see before. He opens it and sees Haruna and Kirishima talking with Iona.

"Gunzou!!" Kirishima calls out upon seeing him. Iona turns her back and looks at him before turning her attention at the two girls. Gunzou walks towards them to know what they're talking about.

"We're taking him back with us," Haruna says.

"He won't be going anywhere," Iona replies. "You may be able to step out from my ship but Gunzou can't. And if I want to, I could destroy you both right now."

"You're not destroying anyone here," says Gunzou as he grabs Iona away from the two.

"Oi, Gunzou, don't tell me you're going to stay here with her?" Kirishima asks who is about to snap.

"It would be better if you two leave this place safely," he replies. "I will surely come back."

"You better be," Kirishima says. "Just to let you know, Takao hasn't come back yet since yesterday. She seems that she won't be coming until she finds you."

"Tell her I'm doing fine," says Gunzou. "Tell her not to be reckless and become more stronger if she wanted to sink I-401."

"Time's up," Iona suddenly says and she held out her hand towards Kirishima and Haruna. "Go back."

Upon saying those words, Kirishima and Haruna flew back to their own ships as if being magnetized.

"Super-Graviton Cannon, release," Iona says and it startled Gunzou.

"Don't you dare!!" he exclaimed as he grabs her hand.

"Too late," Iona replies and two huge explosions burst in the sea.

"Damn that Iona!!" Kirishima cursed as she and Haruna released two Super-Graviton Cannon each. "We'll destroy you right now!!"

The four super-graviton cannons hurl towards I-401 and crashed into it. Gunzou thought it would be over for Iona but much to his surprise, it didn't even hurt her.

"Did we do it?" Haruna asks but to their awe, not even a single scratch had touched I-401. "What?! Just how strong her wave-force is?!"

"Ten corrosive warheads torpedoes, four super-graviton cannon, ten warplanes, release," Iona mutters.

Kirishima and Haruna was able to destroy one super-graviton cannon and six corrosive warheads. But they weren't able to dodge or destroy the rest which had caused great damage to their ships.

"Haruna!! Kirishima!!" Gunzou exclaimed. "Iona!! Just how far are you going to go in destroying your own kind??!"

"Iona, I need you to do something for now," says a hoarse voice coming from a screen which appeared in front of Iona. "Leave those two for now and head to Europe. Bismarck and U-2501 are transporting super-graviton cannon and corrosive warheads to Japan. Stop them before they complete their mission."

"Yes, Father," replies Iona. She transformed back into a submarine and she's suddenly in the wardroom with Gunzou.

"Father? Could it be that he's the creator?" Gunzou thought. He came back to his senses when Iona passes by him and heads to the bridge deck. He followed her to the bridge. Upon entering, he sees Iona sitting on the elevation in-between the seat of the captain and first mate.

"If you came here to access any part of my ship, you won't succeed," says Iona. "But you could seat anywhere you want if you wish to watch me destroy the two Fog ships of Scarlet fleet."

"The Scarlet Fleet, huh. So, Europe is also aware of I-401. I guess it would be better to join forces with them to get a higher chance of winning against Iona," Gunzou thought as he sits down on the captain seat and watches Iona control her ship on the screens above the central station.

On the detection radar, I-400 appears. I-400 is Iona's triplet sister with I-402 who has also joined her Blue Steel fleet.

"I-400, Kirishima and Haruna are just ahead. Do not cross their way for now," she says and I-400's image appears in front of her.

"Iona, I-402 seems to have joined Takao's side," she says.

"What do you mean? I already convinced her to be a part of us," Iona replies.

"I have spoken with her earlier and she told me her plan on leaving the 'Blue Steel' fleet," I-402 insisted. "I still have to go and see Father so I will be going. I will leave I-402 to you."

With that, I-400's image disappears. Iona stares at Gunzou who is seating beside her.

"What?" Gunzou asks.

"I wonder what you've done to I-402. She has been acting strange after being defeated by you and Takao," she replies. "Not just her but all those mental models you've defeated. Would I become like them if you defeat me?"

"You're curious, aren't you?" Gunzou asks. Iona tilts her head once again upon hearing a strange word coming from her hostage.

"Curious?" she asks. "I do not know such thing."

"You're wondering if you become strange like Kongou and the others when you're defeated, right?" Gunzou says. "That eagerness you feel on something unexpected shows that you're curious."

"Is that so?" was simply the response of Iona.

The long silence between the two was broken when the detection radar in front of Gunzou detected Takao's presence.

"Takao?" Gunzou mutters. He looks at Iona to see what she's going to do next but the white-haired girl didn't do anything. She simply stares at the other screens ignoring the radar.

"Iona," he called out her attention. "Could you let me talk with Takao for just a while?"

"No," Iona replies bluntly. "I have no time to deal with her. I have a mission to do right now so unnecessary things should be set aside. Furthermore, even if you're seating on the captain's seat, you're not my captain. Aside from that, Takao won't die just by wandering around the sea."

Gunzou got pissed off by Iona's answer. But he couldn't force her since he is just a hostage to her. He couldn't just sit still when Takao is wandering off and he is doing nothing.

"Why are you so restless?" Iona asks after some time. Gunzou simply ignores her since it would be no use telling her. They passed by Takao who couldn't detect their presence and they're now on their way across the Pacific Ocean.