Chapter 5

After two days of going across the vast ocean, Iona detected Bismarck. She sees two blond twins standing up front the Bismarck.

"Iona, get out of our way before we destroy you," one of the twins says.

"Those corrosive warheads you're transporting, give them to me," Iona replies, ignoring the threat given to her.

"We have no time to talk to you," says the other blond girl. Iona didn't say a word and their battle started. Gunzou simply watches, observing them fight.

Despite knowing how strong Iona has become, Gunzou keeps on being amazed just how she could singlehandedly handle the twins. But what made him wonder is that how could the Bismarck be alone when there are two 'Fog' ships on a mission from the Scarlet fleet.

"Tell me where U-2501 is," Iona demanded.

"She's headed to Japan of course," the twins replied. "Do you think you could stop us, Iona? Just because you're upgraded doesn't mean that you could sink us."

"I have no time to waste," says Iona to herself. "It seems that U-2501 has gone to the opposite direction."

"Their strategy is well-planned," Gunzou thought. "They knew that I-401 would interfere their mission, thus, Bismarck's way to Japan is the opposite of U-2501's way. In that case, even if one of them is intercepted by Iona, one of them will reach Japan successfully. Not a bad plan at all."

"Just as I thought," Iona says which startled Gunzou.

"Don't tell me she had predicted their strategy, but even if she did she couldn't possibly travel from here to the whereabout of U-2501," Gunzou thought.

"My clone will buy me enough time to make it where U-2501 is," whispers to herself which is loud enough for Gunzou to hear.

"She's one step ahead from you. Now, what will you do next?" he mutters to himself.

"Ten super-graviton cannon, release," Iona says and ten cannons were headed to the Bismarck. "Active decoys, release. Change direction. Max speed."

Decoys were released which surely will confuse the Bismarck if ever it will survive from the ten super-graviton cannon. After releasing her active decoys, Iona is already headed to the Indian Ocean where U-2501 is currently fighting Iona's clone.

"Iona is totally different from the other mental models. She seems to be a human who excels in analyzing and predicting moves of others. She couldn't be a human, right? But just how good is she? If I ask her, she wouldn't give me any answer. I need to earn her trust so I could get some information," Gunzou thought as he observes Iona.

"Iona," he calls out her attention.

"What?" Iona asks.

"Should I assist you in sinking U-2501?" he replies. "Takao and I have already defeated her once."

"No," Iona bluntly replied. "I can sink her without the help of a human. Just sit back and watch how I sink her."

"It's not as easy as it looks. This girl is difficult to deal with," Gunzou thought. He let out a sigh before speaking once more.

"If you need help, just ask me," Gunzou says.

"I do not trust you," Iona replies.

"You should," he insisted. "You know that Takao is not strong enough to defeat Kongou herself. Takao gave me her trust and she won against her. She was also able to sink your clone because she knew that if I help her, she'll win."

Iona pretended that she didn't hear him but she wavered for a while but is able to compose herself. She took a quick glimpse on the guy seating on the captain's seat before focusing her attention on going to Indian Ocean.